TV Data Scientist
LiveRamp is the trusted platform that makes data accessible and meaningful.
Our services power people-based customer experiences that improve the relevance of marketing and allow consumers to better connect with the brands and products they love.
We thrive on solving the toughest technical and customer challenges, and we’re always looking for smart, compassionate people to help us blaze a trail.
Mission: LiveRamp makes it safe and easy to connect the world’s data, people, and applications.
ABOUT THIS JOB
TV is one of the key growth areas for LiveRamp. Our approach to audience-based TV planning & measurement brings together the audience selection precision of direct marketing, the performance accountability of digital marketing, and the emotional brand storytelling of video across consumer devices in a privacy-safe fashion. Our TV solutions are tailored to the needs of top-tier distributors, network programmers, and leading national agencies and advertisers. We are currently looking to fill a TV Analysis Expert role on this team based in Burlington, MA.
The TV Analysis Expert will be responsible for supporting the design, development, and delivery of TV advertising analytics solutions by applying digital analysis and database marketing techniques to the rapidly evolving TV and video space. This role will focus primarily on deciphering and clarifying client ad hoc analysis questions, utilizing and integrating consumer-level profile and behavioral attributes from huge volumes of data from multiple sources, interpreting, packaging, and delivering thoughtful analyses to inform client business decisions, and provide critical input to analytical product capabilities supported by LiveRamp platforms.
Are you a self-motivated individual who loves building and nurturing strategic partnerships? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment where you are surrounded by people who inspire you to be better and work harder every day? Do you want to be on the vanguard of marketing technology and Identity Solutions? Consider joining our team!
- Collaborate with clients and internal stakeholders to understand business and insight goals, define a learning agenda, and identify relevant KPIs and diagnostics to pursue
- Work efficiently with client data and analytics partners to define, configure, extract, aggregate, package, synthesize, and share data, results, and actionable insight to support adjustments to client campaigns, products, or business decisions
- Build and foster positive reputation with client-facing delivery teams and Product & Engineering teams to successfully collaborate on designing, building, and launching analytical solutions
- Act as an advanced TV advertising data subject matter expert (SME)
- Build up a strong understanding and expert knowledge of the various data sources and methodologies brought together for LiveRamp TV solutions – video subscriber attributes, 3rd-party data provider attributes (demographics, psychographics, lifestyle segments) across ad industries, TV/ video media content activity (across ad formats/ platforms), campaign exposure and response events, and product purchase or conversion activity
- Collaborate with client and capability teams on how to creatively leverage this rich data asset for their respective insight, segmentation, or measurement needs
- Identify data gaps and advocate for additional data sources to add to solution platform to meet some unmet marketplace need(s)
- Be an analytical approach artisan
- Outline pragmatic solutions to answering the insight need at hand with an eye toward balancing quantitative rigor, data incompleteness, and timelines conducive to rudimentary vs. sophisticated methods
- Provide input to Product and Engineering teams on measurement analysis requirements and possible solution paths
- Trial, refine, and validate campaign measurement methodologies through a disciplined test-and-learn approach of in-market campaign pilots or simulations (across video channels)
- Prepare and present compelling analytical presentations and effectively communicate (both in writing and verbally) complex concepts to marketing and business audiences
- Provide mentorship and guidance to other data analysts where necessary
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Math, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science or other quantitative discipline
- 5+ years of work experience in an analytical role in a professional services environment: digital advertising, database marketing, or interactive/ technology consulting
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- Master’s degree in Business, Marketing, Math, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science or other quantitative discipline
- 10+ years of work experience in an analytical role in a professional services environment: digital advertising, database marketing, or interactive/ technology consulting
- Critical thinking – capable of generating consistently accurate, useful reports as well as enthusiasm for translating data into actionable insight relevant to marketing program objectives
- Strong quantitative and research skills with proven ability to demonstrate data interpretation capabilities in terms of reporting and dashboards
- Balances desire for quantitative rigor with realities of inconsistent business data
- Attention to detail and time management delivering high quality, client-ready work for multiple projects across several client engagements while meeting deadlines
- Ability to articulate strategic marketing implications of campaign performance results for business audiences with clarity and persuasiveness
- Hands-on fluency in data extraction, manipulation, and visualization tools such as SQL, Hive/ Impala/ BigQuery, Excel, Tableau, and/ or others with minimal supervision
- Technical familiarity with scripting languages like Perl, Python, Spark, and/ or R
- Proficient in integrating multiple data sources (1st-party, 3rd-party, media activity) and utilizing creative analytical approaches to answer client audience insight or campaign performance questions
- Knowledgeable of the media planning, measurement, and optimization process and acumen (both online and offline)
- Proficient with the application of analytic methods in digital and mobile channels
- Some familiarity with statistical modeling, marketing test design, and audience segmentation
- Technical comfort with statistical clustering methods or predictive modeling
- Proficient with direct and/or interactive marketing test design
- Demonstrated history of innovation with emerging ad platforms, data, measurement, or analysis techniques
- Working experience in digital video, cable, or TV media industries
- Product development and/ or extensive client service experience with omni-channel campaign measurement systems like Comscore, Nielsen, Adobe or other DMPs
- Conversant in current consumer data privacy, governance, and compliance policies, legislation, and best practices
- Stock. Every employee is a stakeholder in our future.
- Food. Enjoy catered meals, boundless snacks, and the occasional food truck.
- Fun. We host events such as game nights, happy hours, camping trips, and sports leagues.
- People. Work with talented, collaborative, and friendly people who love what they do.
- Health and Saving. Receive the benefits of comprehensive health, dental, vision and disability insurance along with a 401k matching plan.
- Location. Work in the Burlington, MA and take advantage of our commuter benefits.