LiveRamp is the trusted platform that makes data accessible and meaningful.
Our services power people-based customer experiences that improve the relevance of marketing and allow consumers to better connect with the brands and products they love.
We thrive on solving the toughest technical and customer challenges, and we’re always looking for smart, compassionate people to help us blaze a trail.
Mission: LiveRamp makes it safe and easy to connect the world’s data, people, and applications.
TV is one of the key growth areas for LiveRamp. Our audience-based, privacy-safe TV planning & measurement solutions are tailored to the needs of top-tier distributors, network programmers, and leading national agencies and advertisers. We are currently looking to fill a TV Data Scientist role on this team based in Boston, MA.
This TV analysis expert will be responsible for supporting the design, development, and delivery of TV advertising analytics solutions by applying digital analysis and database marketing techniques to the rapidly evolving TV and video space. This role will focus primarily on deciphering and clarifying client ad hoc analysis questions, utilizing and integrating consumer-level profile and behavioral attributes from huge volumes of data from multiple sources, interpreting, packaging, and delivering thoughtful analyses to inform client business decisions, and provide critical input to analytical product capabilities supported by LiveRamp platforms.
- Build and foster positive reputation with client-facing delivery teams and Product & Engineering teams to successfully collaborate on designing, building, and launching analytical solutions
- Work efficiently with client data and analytics partners to define, configure, extract, aggregate, package, synthesize, and share data, results, and actionable insight to support adjustments to client campaigns, products, or business decisions
- Act as an advanced TV advertising data subject matter expert (SME)
- Build up a strong understanding and expert knowledge of the various data sources and methodologies brought together for LiveRamp TV solutions
- Collaborate with client and capability teams on how to creatively leverage rich data assets for their respective insight needs
- Identify data gaps and advocate for additional data sources to supplement solution platform to meet unmet marketplace need(s)
- Be an analytical approach artisan
- Outline pragmatic solutions to answering insight need at hand with an eye toward balancing quantitative rigor, data incompleteness, and timelines conducive to rudimentary vs. sophisticated methods
- Provide input to Product and Engineering teams on cross-format planning & measurement analysis requirements and possible solution paths
- Trial, refine, and validate analytical methodologies through a disciplined approach of in-market campaign pilots or simulations (across video channels)
- Prepare and present compelling analytical presentations and effectively communicate (both in writing and verbally) complex concepts to marketing and business audiences
- Provide mentorship and guidance to other data analysts/ scientists where necessary
- Master’s degree in Business, Marketing, Math, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science or other quantitative discipline
- 8+ years of work experience in an analytical role in a professional services environment: digital advertising, database marketing, or interactive/ technology consulting
- Strong quantitative and research skills with proven ability to demonstrate data interpretation capabilities and communication to diverse stakeholders with reports and dashboards
- Hands-on fluency in modern, big data extraction, manipulation, and visualization tools such as SQL, Hive/ Impala/ Redshift/ BigQuery, Excel, Tableau, and/ or others with minimal supervision
- Technical familiarity with scripting languages like Perl, Python, Spark, and/ or R
- Proficient in integrating multiple data sources (1st-party, 3rd-party, media activity) and utilizing creative analytical approaches to answer client audience insight or campaign performance questions
- Statistical methods subject matter expert across predictive modeling, forecasting, audience segmentation schemes, and design of marketing experiments
- Knowledgeable of the media planning, measurement, and optimization process and acumen (both online and offline)
- Stock. Every employee is a stakeholder in our future.
- Food. Enjoy catered meals, boundless snacks, and the occasional food truck.
- Fun. We host events such as game nights, happy hours, camping trips, and sports leagues.
- People. Work with talented, collaborative, and friendly people who love what they do.
- Health and Saving. Receive the benefits of comprehensive health, dental, vision and disability insurance along with a 401k matching plan.
- Location. Work in the Boston, MA and take advantage of our commuter benefits.