This is your opportunity to join a rapidly growing division within LiveRamp, called LiveRamp TV. We are hiring DevOps/Data Enthusiast Engineers located in Burlington, MA or Chicago, IL. We are a team of industry veterans changing the way data is used for Advanced TV advertising. Our development is focused on new systems that leverage LiveRamp’s robust ecosystem, using tools that include Google Cloud Platform (BigQuery, Airflow, Dataflow, Dataproc), Java, Python and industry ETL tools.
As a DevOps/Data Engineer with LiveRamp’s Advanced TV team, you will bring this vision to life by building systems that collect, process, analyze, and distribute enormous quantities of data. You’ll collaborate with other engineers to execute on a diverse range of data factory initiatives. This might include extracting unique insights from TV data under management, integrating with 3rd party data APIs and workflows, analyzing client data, and unlocking new value for enterprise clients by solving some of their biggest problems.
We are moving it all to GCP, and with it we will have the opportunity to rethink all of our data processing technologies, keep what works -- and start fresh on what doesn’t. If this sounds exciting, we are looking for you.
- Build, operate, and optimize distributed systems built on Google’s Cloud Platform.
- Introduce a technology innovation to keep LiveRamp on the cutting edge of industry tools and best practices.
- Integrate a new data provider API with backend services.
- Push your teammates to become stronger engineers. They will do the same for you.
- Join a billion-row queryset with several billion log lines to extract unique value.
- Must have 3 + years production level code in at least one compiled language (Java, C++, etc), one interpreted language (Python, Ruby, etc) and one data query language (SQL, Pig Latin, SPARQL, etc).
- Are a data enthusiast who wants to be surrounded by brilliant teammates and huge challenges.
- Have 2+ building big data applications and have run into scale problems. You want to build tools to keep other engineers from reinventing the wheel. Turning your experience into reusable tooling excites you.
- Have experience working in cloud environments, data processing and distributed systems.
- Comfortable with analyzing data and operating services in a Linux environment.
- Strong desire to learn and apply the latest in data processing and visualization tools (BigQuery, Airflow, DataProc, Python, etc).
- Discover a structured data file and want to learn everything about it.
- Enjoy learning new technologies and approaches. You will absolutely work with technologies new to you.
- Have a startup personality: smart, ethical, friendly, hard-working and creative.
- Get excited by when you make a Hadoop application more efficient. But you get even more excited when you make products and Analytics team more efficient.
- Take ownership of projects - You don’t let bug reports fall through the cracks.
- Have 1+ years of experience working with Talend or other ETL tools.
- Most of our engineering team is based in Boston and Chicago. We welcome applicants from either city. Any applicants -- but especially Boston applicants -- should be comfortable working via Slack and video conferencing with a team of engineers.
- People. Work with talented, collaborative, and friendly people who love what they do.
- Food. Enjoy a mix of catered meals and boundless snacks.
- Stock. Every employee is a stakeholder in our future. Receive the benefits of comprehensive health, dental, vision and disability insurance along with a 401k matching plan. Choose to participate in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
More about us:
LiveRamp powers exceptional experiences by making it safe and easy to connect the world’s data, people, and applications. We are the industry pace-setter and one of the fastest-growing SaaS businesses—the enabling product behind many of the world’s biggest brands and technology platforms.
We value strong engineers who are agile enough to hit the ground running and tackle challenges.
We recently debuted on the New York Stock Exchange (ticker: RAMP). Our fundamentals are exceptional: 30%+ annual revenue growth, no debt, and over 650 customers. And we're growing our team at a record pace. Want to build the future with nearly 1,000 savvy, curious LiveRampers across the U.S., Europe, and APAC? Join us!
To all recruitment agencies: LiveRamp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, LiveRamp employees or any other company location. LiveRamp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.