LiveRamp powers exceptional experiences by making it safe and easy to connect the world’s data, people, and applications. We are the industry pace-setter and one of the fastest-growing SaaS businesses anywhere—the enabling product behind many of the world’s biggest brands and technology platforms.
LiveRamp recently debuted on the New York Stock Exchange (ticker: RAMP) as an independent public company. Our fundamentals are exceptional: 30%+ annual revenue growth, $1.7B in cash, no debt, and over 600 customers. And we're growing our team at a record pace. Want to build the future with 750 savvy, curious LiveRampers across the U.S., Europe, and APAC? Join us!
About This Job
LiveRamp is seeking an experienced leader to drive all aspects of our security services program. This role will report to the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) and work with cross-functional teams and external parties to support threat and vulnerability management, product security and data protection activities and programs at LiveRamp.
The individual will help ensure that all systems and software are deployed and implemented to the highest security standards and drive the identification and remediation of security vulnerabilities across the organization. Additionally, the individual will also be responsible for defining and implementing data protection policies and standards across various technologies and systems within the organization.
- Drive the configuration of vulnerability assessment tools, work with teams performing scans, oversee the research, analysis and prioritization of identified vulnerabilities, and provide guidance for the overall TVM program involving identifying relevant threats, providing corrective action recommendations, and summarizing and reporting results.
- Manage vendor relationship with the vulnerability scanning tool provider, including annual renewal of contract, timing for releases, resolution of issues reported.
- Identify and determine the overall vision of the vulnerability management program at LiveRamp.
- Facilitate postmortem for vulnerability incidents and root cause analysis for operational deficiencies inside security infrastructure (e.g. system outages, etc.).
- Drive the deployment and usage of tools to perform infrastructure vulnerability assessments, in addition to identifying and resolving any false positive findings in assessment results.
- Oversee regular reporting configuration to reveal vulnerabilities to enable the working team to take appropriate action and remediate impacted assets.
- Identify timelines/programs and guide teams to address vulnerabilities, including system patching, deployment of specialized controls, code or infrastructure changes, and changes in build engineering processes.
- Manage tracking and remediation of vulnerabilities by leveraging agreed-upon action plans and timelines with responsible technology partners and support teams.
- Design and oversee delivery of actionable dashboards and scorecards.
- Review and coordinate changes to patching policies, procedures, standards, and audit work programs in a continuous improvement model.
- Drive protection of valuable information and maintain the confidentiality and integrity of data through:
- Knowledge of security management, network & protocols, data, and application security solutions.
- Knowledge of industry trends, including current and emerging risks.
- Determine, define, and oversee the implementation of data protection strategy and approve data protection policies and standards across various technologies, including but not limited to G Suite, On-Prem, Legacy Systems, etc.
- Routinely review data protection strategy for the enterprise.
- Design enterprise data protection technology solutions to protect the collection, creation, storage, use, transmission, and disposal of data.
- Organize and oversee the management and implementation of Enterprise Data Loss Prevention (DLP) technologies and processes, specifically for the maintenance, testing, and review of DLP rules, and provide oversight to the managed services provider.
- Stay abreast of relevant legislation, regulatory requirements, guidelines, and industry developments relating to data protection, privacy, security, and data governance. Provide analysis of impacts to key stakeholders.
- Influence behavior to reduce risk and foster risk management awareness throughout the organization.
- Provide ongoing training and awareness on TVM and data protection programs, control objectives, and expectations through awareness campaigns across the organization.
- Assess and advise on the mitigation of data risks in new products and services.
- Assist with data ethics, privacy, and compliance reviews and audits.
- Participate in annual data governance, privacy, and compliance assessments of data sources.
- Strong working knowledge of Vulnerability Management and Security Testing life cycles, processes, and procedures.
- Strong understanding of Information Security principles and technologies, technical information, and security concepts related to threat landscapes.
- Accurate perspective on severity of vulnerabilities detected by vulnerability scanners, vendor advisories, and other vulnerability input sources.
- Ability to provide guidance and advice related to all vulnerability management issues.
- Familiarity with industry blogs and key publications in the field of security and awareness of any recent significant security events.
- Demonstrated conceptual, analytical, and innovative problem-solving and evaluative skills, and an ability to conduct independent research and analysis, identify issues, formulate options, and make conclusions and recommendations.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize, interpret, and communicate vulnerability management information.
- Demonstrable expert level knowledge in implementation and use of Nexpose.
- Strong understanding and knowledge of data protection and privacy policies, and data loss prevention (DLP) methodologies.
- Demonstrated ability to translate business, risk, and regulatory requirements into data protection solutions, and to effectively communicate those solutions to business leaders and executives.
- Demonstrated experience in designing and implementing technology and process solutions to reduce the potential risk of data compromise.
- Understanding of the entire ecosystem of data protection architecture and implementation:
- Encryption, tokenization, masking, and redaction
- Public Key Infrastructure (PKI)
- Excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills.
- Ability to self motivate when given strategic goals.
- Strong executive presence and reporting.
- Knowledge of business administration and organization financial reporting and budgeting.
Experience & Education (required)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Cybersecurity, or equivalent educational or professional experience/qualifications.
- Five years minimum experience in a Vulnerability Management or related Information Security role.
- Experience with end-to-end Vulnerability Management processes (e.g., VM lifecycle) and tools (e.g., host-based and application scanners), patch management, GRC tools, and ITSM.
- Working knowledge of common tools used in the Vulnerability Management process, including ITSM, CMDB, and AirWatch.
- Advanced understanding of operating system and application security, administration, and debugging.
- Understanding of security controls (e.g. access control, auditing, authentication, encryption, integrity, physical security, and application security).
- Well versed in operating systems such as Windows environments, Active Directory, VPN systems, encryption schemas and algorithms, various authorization and authentication mechanisms/software, network monitoring and sniffing, TCP/IP networks , and vulnerability and threat management tools.
- Experience with conducting and overseeing security assessments.
- Experience with Cloud security, networks, firewalls, Endpoint Protection, Vulnerability Management (preferably Rapid7 insightVM), Log Management (preferably IBM QRadar), and Patch Management.
Experience & Education (preferred)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) preferred
- People. Work with talented, collaborative, and friendly people who love what they do.
- Competitive and comprehensive salary package
- Food - Enjoy catered meals, boundless snacks, and the occasional food truck.
- Fun - We host events such as game nights, happy hours, camping trips, and sports leagues.
- Health and Saving. Receive the benefits of comprehensive health, dental, vision and disability insurance along with a 401k matching plan.
- Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco – the best city in the world, and take advantage of our commuter benefits.