LiveRamp powers exceptional experiences by making it safe and easy to connect the world’s data, people, and applications. We are the industry pace-setter and one of the fastest-growing SaaS businesses anywhere—the enabling product behind many of the world’s biggest brands and technology platforms.
We recently debuted on the New York Stock Exchange (ticker: RAMP) as an independent public company. Our fundamentals are exceptional: 30%+ annual revenue growth, $1.7B in cash, no debt, and over 600 customers. And we're growing our team at a record pace. Want to build the future with 750 savvy, curious LiveRampers across the U.S., Europe, and APAC? Join us!
Identity Research Data Scientist
Do you crave volumes of data and the tools and resources to analyze it? Do you delight at the prospect of discovering patterns and transforming data into actionable insights? Do you love working collaboratively with intelligent, energetic, no-nonsense colleagues? Are you as nice as you are brilliant? If you’ve answered “yes” to all four questions, we’d like to introduce ourselves.
What You'll Do
At the core of LiveRamp’s products is a massive graph (over a trillion edges) that connects the different anonymous identifiers for each person in the US, their online devices, and the identifiers that over a thousand different marketing platforms use to recognize them. As a LiveRamp Researcher, you’ll analyze the complex connections in this graph that contains PBs of data from over a thousand different sources and perform quantitative statistical analysis to understand the structure of data. Further, you’ll design and compute statistical models for interpreting this data. We prefer simple models so that we can understand the patterns that they capture, although we have used multilayer neural networks when needed.
To work with this massive dataset, you’ll learn cutting-edge big data tools (e.g., PySpark). You’ll get elastic compute resources on Google Cloud Platform and we’ll trust you to use your judgment in renting large amounts of computing resources as needed (we’ve used up 20k cores concurrently in our DataProc clusters).
Using the results of your investigations, you’ll further develop our conceptual framework for understanding LiveRamp’s identity graph, including new terminology, metrics, models, visualizations, and reports. Further, you’ll apply this conceptual framework to develop proposals for new data refinement strategies that filter out suspect connections to further enhance the quality of LiveRamp’s identity graph. You’ll get dedicated coaching from seasoned Research Data Scientists.
Types of projects you'll work on:
- Explore and quantify the reach and accuracy implications for incorporating new sources of identity data into our graph.
- Apply modeling to quantify the strength of connections within our graph.
- Quantify the holes in our identity graph. I.e., what types of consumers are we missing identity data for?
- Create reports and presentations to share your results with our stakeholders.
What You'll Need to Have
- Ph.D. in a quantitative field or three years of research experience (no exceptions).
- Strong grasp of statistics and modeling techniques.
- Solid experience with Python, R or other statistical toolsets (we use Python).
- Strong technical communication, both written and verbal.
- Type S(tartup) personality: smart, ethical, friendly, hard-working and proactive (no exceptions).
- Desire to work in San Francisco. We will relocate you if necessary.
What We'll Give in Return
- Exceptionally nice and smart teammates
- A generous training budget for whatever you want to develop your skills (e.g., conferences, classes, and books).
- Unlimited paid time off
- A dog friendly office
- Catered meals & stocked kitchen
- 401K Matching
- Commuter benefits
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Competitive medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Weekly meditation classes, Hackweeks, Gardening Club, and team offsites
- Events including game nights, happy hours, camping trips, and sporting leagues
Who Are We
We are the leader in data connectivity, helping the world’s largest brands use their data to improve customer interactions on any channel and device. Our technology unites the marketing technology ecosystem, enabling brands to measure the impact of digital marketing on sales and deliver highly relevant messages to consumers on virtually any channel or device.
Our engineering team thrives on mind-bending technical challenges and values entrepreneurship, humility, and constant personal growth. We value ownership and individual contribution within a collaborative environment. Be ready to leave your ego at the door, roll up your sleeves, and start solving huge challenges as soon as you begin. You can learn more about our engineering culture here.
LiveRamp provides the identity resolution services and integrations that are the foundation for omnichannel marketing. Our services transform the technology platforms used by our customers into people-based marketing channels that improve the relevancy of marketing, and ultimately allow consumers to better connect with the brands and products they love.
We value strong engineers who are agile enough to hit the ground running and tackle challenges.
To all recruitment agencies: LiveRamp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, LiveRamp employees or any other company location. LiveRamp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
LiveRamp is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE/W/M/Vet/Disabled) and does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training, promotion or other employment of associates or the awarding of subcontracts because of a person's race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, protected veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics or other protected status. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.