Senior Software Data Enthusiast Engineer (Seattle, WA) - Google Cloud Platform
This is your opportunity to join a rapidly growing division within LiveRamp, called LiveRamp B2B. We are hiring Senior Software Data Enthusiast Engineers located in Seattle, Washington. We are a team of industry veterans changing the way data is used for Business to Business (B2B) marketing. Our development is focused on new systems that leverage LiveRamp’s robust ecosystem, using tools that include Google Cloud Platform (BigQuery, Airflow, Dataflow, Dataproc), Java, and Python.
As a Senior Software Engineer with LiveRamp’s B2B team in Seattle, Washington, you will bring this vision to life by building systems that collect, process, analyze, and distribute enormous quantities of data. You’ll collaborate with other engineers to execute on a diverse range of data connectivity initiatives. This might include extracting unique insights from petabytes of data under management, integrating with 3rd party data APIs and workflows, analyzing client data, and unlocking new value for enterprise clients by solving some of their biggest problems.
A Day in the Life of a LiveRamp B2B Engineer:
- Build, operate, and optimize large distributed systems built on Google’s Cloud Platform.
- Introduce a technology innovation to keep LiveRamp on the cutting edge of industry tools and best practices.
- Integrate a new data provider API with backend services.
- Push your teammates to become stronger engineers. They will do the same for you.
- Join a billion row queryset with several billion log lines to extract unique value.
You are an ideal candidate if you:
- Must have 3 + years production level code in at least one compiled language (Java, C++, Go, etc), one interpreted language (Python, Ruby, etc) and one data query language (SQL, GraphQL, Pig Latin, SPARQL, etc).
- Are a data enthusiast who wants to be surrounded by brilliant teammates and huge challenges.
- Have experience working in cloud/container/serverless environments.
- Have experience with data processing and distributed systems.
- Comfortable with analyzing data and operating services in a Linux environment.
- Strong desire to learn and apply the latest in data processing and visualization tools (BigQuery, Airflow, DataProc, Python, etc).
- Discover a structured data file and want to learn everything about it.
- Enjoy learning new technologies and approaches. You will absolutely work with technologies new to you.
- Have a startup personality: smart, ethical, friendly, hard-working and creative.
- Location: Must be located in the Seattle area.
- People. Work with talented, collaborative, and friendly people who love what they do.
- Food. Enjoy a mix of catered meals and boundless snacks.
- Stock. Every employee is a stakeholder in our future. Receive the benefits of comprehensive health, dental, vision and disability insurance along with a 401k matching plan. Choose to participate in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
- Location. Work in the heart of Seattle, with easy access to ferries, buses, trains, lockers and bike storage.
More about us:
LiveRamp is the leader in data connectivity, helping the world’s largest brands use their data to improve customer interactions on any channel and device. We thrive on mind-bending technical challenges and value entrepreneurship, humility, and constant personal growth.
There is so much more that we want to build and that we could continue to improve. We value strong engineers who are agile enough to hit the ground running and tackle challenges.
LiveRamp provides the identity resolution services and integrations that are the foundation for omnichannel marketing. Our services transform the technology platforms used by our customers into people-based marketing channels that improve the relevancy of marketing, and ultimately allow consumers to better connect with the brands and products they love.