LiveRamp powers exceptional experiences by making it safe and easy to connect the world’s data, people, and applications. We are the industry pace-setter and one of the fastest-growing SaaS businesses anywhere—the enabling product behind many of the world’s biggest brands and technology platforms.
We recently debuted on the New York Stock Exchange (ticker: RAMP) as an independent public company. Our fundamentals are exceptional: 30%+ annual revenue growth, $1.7B in cash, no debt, and over 600 customers. And we're growing our team at a record pace. Want to build the future with 750 savvy, curious LiveRampers across the U.S., Europe, and APAC? Join us!
We’re LiveRamp Identity Engineering, and we maintain a massive graph that connects together the different identifiers for consumers (e.g., anonymized email addresses and phone numbers) and the devices they use online. Help us process a trillion edge graph as quickly and efficiently as possible.
The engineering systems we’ve developed are constantly ingesting new edges from thousands of different sources and finding numerous types of relevant paths to power LiveRamp’s suite of core products.
You will get to work on projects such as:
- Pregel Path Computer: This system finds relevant graph paths using the pregel graph computation framework as implemented in Apache Giraph. There are challenges in running Giraph at the scale of our graph and we’re constantly looking to refine our Pregel algorithms.
- Edge Ingestion and Partitioning Framework: We could never process all trillion edges at once and luckily we don’t have to. Instead we process subgraphs that contain specific types of edges. Our edge ingestion and partitioning framework manages different Hadoop datastores for different types of edges and automates the ingestion of new edge data. It leverages LiveRamp’s Seek MSJ framework to efficiently incorporate new data into existing edge stores.
- Path Computation as a Service: We provide a service to other LiveRamp engineering teams for finding specific types of paths within our massive graph. It handles 20,000 requests a day and this is possible due to its use of caching and intelligently batching similar request together.
- We take pride in operating as a high performance team, while maintaining kindness and humility.
- We find feedback to be important in helping us grow as individuals and as a team; we’re always looking for chances to share positive and constructive feedback.
- We develop in Java and use MapReduce, Giraph, and Spark. We’re open to new technologies and languages if they help us better solve a problem.
- We currently use a 79,800 core Hadoop cluster with 90 PB of disk space and 256 TB of RAM (shared across all of LiveRamp data engineering) to power our systems. We’re also moving everything to GCP.
- Have 3+ years of experience writing and deploying production code.
- Have a passion for building large scale, distributed systems and are comfortable writing high performance code.
- You love mentoring junior engineers, and deploying best practices.
- Have a startup personality: smart, ethical, friendly, hard-working and productive.
- Are a data enthusiast who wants to be surrounded by brilliant teammates and huge challenges.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Experience with modern datastores such as MongoDB, Cassandra, Riak, Azure Cosmos DB, Aerospike
- Stream processing - Spark streaming, Apache Storm, Flink
- Experience with Search indexing such as Lucene, Solr, Nutch, Elasticsearch
- Experience with designing and implementing interfaces and infrastructure for large volume services and APIs
- People. Work with talented, collaborative, and friendly people who love what they do.
- Food. Enjoy catered meals, boundless snacks, and the occasional food truck.
- Fun. We host events such as game nights, happy hours, camping trips, and sports leagues.
- Stock. Every employee is a stakeholder in our future. Health and Saving. Receive the benefits of comprehensive health, dental, vision and disability insurance along with a 401k matching plan.
- Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco and take advantage of our commuter benefits.
More about us:
LiveRamp provides the identity resolution services and integrations that are the foundation for omnichannel marketing. Our services transform the technology platforms used by our customers into people-based marketing channels that improve the relevancy of marketing, and ultimately allow consumers to better connect with the brands and products they love.
We value strong engineers who are agile enough to hit the ground running and tackle challenges.
To all recruitment agencies: LiveRamp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, LiveRamp employees or any other company location. LiveRamp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.