About the Job:
LiveIntent is looking for a self-motivated Software Engineer (Scala). You’ll work in an agile environment with talented, cross-functional teams to design, implement, and iterate on products that satisfy customer needs and drive company growth. Our technology stack runs on a Linux foundation and includes Scala, Akka, Node.js, DynamoDB, and PostgreSQL on AWS. As a LiveIntenter, you will help promulgate good design and coding practices leading by example while at the same time gaining valuable experience. Furthermore, you will be responsible for the design, implementation and delivery of products that fuel every part of the business.
Your next challenge:
Some of the projects you will lead may include: Building a dynamic retargeting system for catalog browsers, developing a real-time web page flattener to deliver contextual ad units, designing and building a recommendations system based on big data algorithms, and expanding our behavior analysis pipeline to handle a wide array of events at massive scale.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field
- At least 2 years’ experience designing, building and deploying production software
- Passionate about solving complex problems in running scalable, high volume real-time systems
- Strong computer science foundation with a deep understanding of modern programming languages such as Scala, Java and Python
- Curious about technology and builds projects on the side just to try new stuff out
- Developed with web frameworks such as Play, Node.js, Rails or similar
- Experience designing, building, and maintaining elegant, scalable software solutions
- Dedicated to driving results while maintaining high software quality
- Experience working with both relational and NoSQL databases
- Enjoys collaborating with different teams around the globe
- Worked with AWS services like Kinesis, Lambda and Beanstalk
The benefit of being a LiveIntenter:
- Private office within a shared working environment at WeWork
- Located very central location at Zoologischer Garten next to Tiergarten
- Talented group of people to work with
- Board Games and Playstation for team fun
- Annual week long offsite trip to New York
- A friendly international team
- Subsidized gym membership
- Beer and Wine Friday
About LiveIntent Berlin:
LiveIntent is changing the way people and businesses connect on the Internet. We use big data, predictive algorithms, and machine-learning to solve complex problems and deliver proprietary business value to our customers. To help propel our explosive growth, we are looking for sharp minds who can translate ideas into action and help drive innovation. As the only company bringing innovative, customer-focused solutions to email, this is your chance to help shape an industry while honing your skills with leading-edge technology.
LiveIntent is now one of the largest people-based marketing platforms in the world reaching over 190M logged-in people and also one of the first, having gone to market with the technology in 2010. LiveIntent is headquartered in NYC, with offices in Austin, Berlin, Chicago, Copenhagen and Detroit, serving as home to 200 people and counting.