About the job:
LiveIntent is looking for a self-motivated Cloud Native DevOps Engineer. You’ll work in an agile environment with talented, cross-functional teams to design, deploy and operate products that satisfy customer needs and drive company growth. Our technology stack runs on a Linux foundation and includes Scala Play, NodeJS, Ruby on Rails, Kinesis, Lambda, DynamoDB and PostgreSQL on AWS. As a LiveIntenter, you will help promote good system design and operations practices and gain valuable experience simultaneously. Furthermore, you will be responsible for the providing a rock-solid infrastructure setup while working closely with your engineering team.
Your next challenge:
- Fully automate the infrastructure and deployments of distributed applications using AWS
- Migrate existing services from AWS EC2, ECS or Beanstalk to Kubernetes
- Optimize the services towards availability but also make sure we fully utilize the capacity we pay for
- Make sure all services adhere to our InfoSec policy and detect violators
- Be pro-active in driving improvements on our infrastructure setup
- A good computer science foundation with decent understanding of modern client/server architecture.
- At least three years’ experience designing and deploying distributed applications using AWS or other cloud services, and is knowledgeable in core AWS stack (EC2, VPC, S3, RDS, IAM, etc.).
- Linux administration experience ( package management, networking, cron, monitoring, etc.).
- Demonstrated curiosity about technology with a history of side projects that explore interesting concepts.
- A BS or MS in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience with container services like docker, kubernetes or mesosphere
- Knowledge about infrastructure automation with terraform or cloudformation
- Bonus: Knowledge of lambda architecture and its implementation details.
The benefit of being a LiveIntenter:
- Private office within a shared working environment at WeWork
- Located very central location at Zoologischer Garten next to Tiergarten
- Talented group of people to work with
- Board Games and Playstation for team fun
- Annual week long offsite trip to New York
- A friendly international team
- Subsidized gym membership
- Beer and Wine Friday
About LiveIntent Berlin:
LiveIntent is changing the way people and businesses connect on the Internet. We use big data, predictive algorithms, and machine-learning to solve complex problems and deliver proprietary business value to our customers. To help propel our explosive growth, we are looking for sharp minds who can translate ideas into action and help drive innovation. As the only company bringing innovative, customer-focused solutions to email, this is your chance to help shape an industry while honing your skills with leading-edge technology.
LiveIntent is now one of the largest people-based marketing platforms in the world reaching over 190M logged-in people and also one of the first, having gone to market with the technology in 2010. LiveIntent is headquartered in NYC, with offices in Austin, Berlin, Chicago, Copenhagen and Detroit, serving as home to 200 people and counting.