Reporting to the Managing Director, a Trade Business Development Manager at LiveArt Market is responsible for engaging with prospective Trade sellers to pitch joining the platform and listing works for sale, assist with onboarding needs, and nurture for continued growth and development.
The role is based in New York City with a remote work option and travel as needed to art industry events such as art fairs, auctions and client visits. We need a motivated self-starter who thrives working both autonomously and in a small team environment and can develop impactful partnerships. A track record of sales and gallery relationships, experience in the global art market and in-depth art historical knowledge is essential.
- Identify and maintain relationships with fine art Trade sellers (galleries, dealers, art advisors, and more), including the ability to work with each on specific needs and feedback, and tailor products to fit those needs.
- Envision new and creative ways to engage with potential sellers who may not be familiar with LiveArt.
- Generate, manage and refine a pipeline of potential sellers and report on progress and forecast closes to achieve targets.
- Conduct regular Business Reviews with the Trade seller community to ensure proper feedback loop for each member and for internal LiveArt management.
- Assist Managing Director and Executive Vice President in planning approaches and pitches, and share information back to the broader team on what is working, especially in new market segments.
- Give feedback and input to management and product on processes, CRM improvements, and needs from the Trade seller community.
- Generating marketing ideas for specific works and groups or works of art.
- Vet artworks submitted by clients and users of the platform to deem whether they are appropriate for listing in the LiveArt Market.
- Write and prepare content for publication on LiveArt platforms and social media channels.
- Research property including authenticity, provenance and exhibition history.
- Visit to the LiveArt Market warehouse to inspect pieces to write condition reports and conduct in-person viewings for potential listing.
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in applicable Art History or Decorative Arts category; M.A preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a Specialist or in an art sales related role.
- Strong professional presence and ability to connect with external leadership teams and decision makers at all levels of an organization
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, unpredictable environment and work autonomously with minimal direction.
- Existing book of clients/relationships a plus.
- Demonstrated ability in appraising property and business-getting.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including superior written and spoken communications.
- Superior client service skills.
- Proficient knowledge with CRM.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Strong follow-up skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to work within a team environment.
LiveArt is the global fine art marketplace that puts collectors and artists in control by providing the necessary data, insight and opportunity to buy, sell or hold works of art without relying on traditional intermediaries.
LiveArt comprises two integrated and complementary platforms: LiveArt.ai and LiveArt.market. The AI-powered comprehensive data platform, LiveArt.ai, is the preeminent destination for art market data and analysis, live auction streaming, real-time and historic pricing information, detailed analysis of artist and market trends, and financial and cultural context.
Its sister site, LiveArt.market, is a digital peer-to-peer marketplace. LiveArt Market provides for ultimate discretion, allowing users to determine how much information about their identity and works of art is disclosed. New works available for purchase are shared in curated weekly drops.
LiveArt is an equal opportunity employer and offers flexible working arrangements, competitive compensation, and an exciting fast-paced start-up culture.