Reporting to the Executive Vice President, a Fine Art Sales Specialist at LiveArt Market is responsible for engaging with and assisting collectors with onboarding to the platform, listing works for sale as well as assisting collectors wishing to make offers on and purchase works of art.
The role is based in New York City with a remote work option and travel as needed to art industry events such as art fairs, auctions and client visits. An extensive track record of sales, experience in the global art market and in depth art historical knowledge is essential.
- Under guidance of Executive Vice President, identify and maintain relationships with all client categories (collectors, dealers, corporations, institutions), including the ability to work with clients on consignment and purchase sale of property, at all values.
- Achieve prescribed sales targets and KPIs via consignment and platform sales, client and lead conversion, and client retention.
- Engage with site generated registrations and leads, to convert into buying and selling clients, and nurture into VIPs with high retention and return client rates.
- Give feedback and input to management and product on processes, CRM improvements, and needs from the LiveArt community.
- Manage a book of accounts and business, including but not limited to, providing concierge-like service, offering high touch purchasing expertise, and understanding and advocating for the client’s needs.
- Vet artworks submitted by clients and users of the platform to deem whether they are appropriate for listing in the LiveArt Market.
- Write and prepare content for publication on LiveArt platforms and social media channels.
- Research property including authenticity, provenance and exhibition history.
- Visit to the LiveArt Market warehouse to inspect pieces to write condition reports and conduct in-person viewings for potential listing.
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in applicable Art History or Decorative Arts category; M.A preferred.
- 3-5 years experience as a Specialist or in an art sales related role.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including superior written and spoken communications.
- Superior client service skills.
- Existing book of clients/relationships is a plus, although not required.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Strong follow-up skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to work within a team environment.
LiveArt is the global fine art marketplace that puts collectors and artists in control by providing the necessary data, insight and opportunity to buy, sell or hold works of art without relying on traditional intermediaries.
LiveArt comprises two integrated and complementary platforms: LiveArt.ai and LiveArt.market. The AI-powered comprehensive data platform, LiveArt.ai, is the preeminent destination for art market data and analysis, live auction streaming, real-time and historic pricing information, detailed analysis of artist and market trends, and financial and cultural context.
Its sister site, LiveArt.market, is a digital peer-to-peer marketplace. LiveArt Market provides for ultimate discretion, allowing users to determine how much information about their identity and works of art is disclosed. New works available for purchase are shared in curated weekly drops.
LiveArt is an equal opportunity employer and offers flexible working arrangements, competitive compensation, and an exciting fast-paced start-up culture.