Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, the Creative Director is responsible for maintaining the Live Art brand “voice”. S/he is responsible for producing and maintaining Live Art’s visual and editorial identity both online and offline. An innovative thinker, the Creative Director must propose high-quality design solutions that meet both internal creative standards and specific business goals.
- Develop Live Art’s visual and editorial identity both online and offline.
- Create style guidelines across all online platforms and marketing channels (e.g. email, social, blog, onsite etc) to ensure consistency.
- Develop digital first campaigns, stories and messaging to connect with clients in order to drive business growth.
- Collaborate closely with a copywriting partner, marketing team members, and freelance designers to elevate our brand through compelling and cohesive communications across all channels.
- Develop email designs and layout, ad units (both static and animated banners) promotional concept and campaigns, typographic solutions, e-commerce related features.
- Create organizational systems to project manage creative output.
- Work collaboratively with UI designer, developers, and programmers to ensure design concepts are delivered according to concept.
- Collaborate with copywriters and write copy if needed.
- Understand social media and how to effectively utilize and navigate to create maximum impact across key social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
- Build proposals and decks for sales and marketing team.
- Develop and create collateral such as invitations, direct mail postcards and manage print production.
Qualifications & Skills
- 7+ years of creative direction in agency or corporate setting
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design or related field
- Formal training in graphic design, typography, UX design and/or visual communications
- Innovate and creative thinker
- Comfortable managing both small and large projects
- A self-starter with an interest in storytelling
- Expert in Adobe Creative Suite, experience in HTML a plus
- Experience creating layouts in Photoshop (must excel working in complex PSD files)
- Detail oriented, highly organized and a keen eye for consistency
- Ability to work independently and juggle multiple deadlines and projects
- Good understanding of web usability principles, capabilities of different platforms/browsers, design constraints on the web.
LiveArt is the global fine art marketplace that puts collectors and artists in control by providing the necessary data, insight and opportunity to buy, sell or hold works of art without relying on traditional intermediaries.
LiveArt comprises two integrated and complementary platforms: LiveArt.ai and LiveArt.market. The AI-powered comprehensive data platform, LiveArt.ai, is the preeminent destination for art market data and analysis, live auction streaming, real-time and historic pricing information, detailed analysis of artist and market trends, and financial and cultural context.
Its sister site, LiveArt.market, is a digital peer-to-peer marketplace. LiveArt Market provides for ultimate discretion, allowing users to determine how much information about their identity and works of art is disclosed. New works available for purchase are shared in curated weekly drops.