Reporting to the Platform Team Lead, the Back End Developer is responsible for the development of server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the data model and APIs, and ensuring high performance to front-end requests.
This role is 100% remote, with close collaboration and mentorship from experienced developers on our global team.
- Integrate front-end user-facing elements with applications/products
- Define and maintain the data model and APIs
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimize applications and products for maximum speed and scalability
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Collaborate with Product Management and other stakeholders to devise innovative technical solutions
- Write and maintain a full pyramid of tests
- Ensure that applications meet quality standards and user experience goals
Qualifications & Skills
- 5+ years experience in back end development (Python, GraphQL, Apollo)
- Good grasp of a broad range of data structures and algorithms
- English language proficiency
- Solid experience building and designing highly scalable, fault tolerant and always available systems
- Knowledge of functional programming techniques
- Experience with Scrum or Kanban methodologies
- DevOps and hosting platform configuration experience
- Ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated experience in shipping high quality products and services
- Ability to thrive in a fully remote organization
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Comfort working in a highly agile, intensely iterative software development process
- Effective communication skills: Regularly achieve consensus with peers, and clear status updates
- Positive and solution-oriented mindset
- Python 3.7+
- FastAPI, GraphQL, Apollo
- Node.js working knowledge is a plus
- PostgreSQL 11+
- SqlAlchemy + alembic
LiveArt is the global fine art marketplace that puts collectors and artists in control by providing the necessary data, insight and opportunity to buy, sell or hold works of art without relying on traditional intermediaries.
LiveArt comprises two integrated and complementary platforms: LiveArt.ai and LiveArt.market. The AI-powered comprehensive data platform, LiveArt.ai, is the preeminent destination for art market data and analysis, live auction streaming, real-time and historic pricing information, detailed analysis of artist and market trends, and financial and cultural context.
Its sister site, LiveArt.market, is a digital peer-to-peer marketplace. LiveArt Market provides for ultimate discretion, allowing users to determine how much information about their identity and works of art is disclosed. New works available for purchase are shared in curated weekly drops.
About the LiveArt Development Team
It’s an exciting time to join our team. We are a global team serving a global audience, and we've been intentionally building our culture to support remote work. LiveArt is a place where you can contribute from almost anywhere. We are an ambitious, productive team that embraces a set of shared values in everything we do.