Reporting to the Executive Vice President, a Sales Director at LiveArt Market is responsible for engaging with and assisting collectors with onboarding to the platform, listing works for sale as well as assisting collectors wishing to make offers on and purchase works of art.
The role is based in New York City with travel as needed to art industry events such as art fairs, auctions and client visits. An extensive track record of sales, experience in the global art market and in depth art historical knowledge is essential.
- Identify and maintain relationships with all client categories (collectors, dealers, corporations, institutions), including the ability to work with major clients in the sale of high value property.
- Achieve prescribed sales targets via consignment and platform sales.
- Management of the layout of the Marketplace product in collaboration with engineers and product teams.
- Generating new marketing ideas for specific works and groups or works of art.
- Vet artworks submitted by clients and users of the platform to deem whether they are appropriate for listing in the LiveArt Market.
- Write and prepare content for publication on LiveArt platforms and social media channels.
- Research property including authenticity, provenance and exhibition history.
- Visit to the LiveArt Market warehouse to inspect pieces to write condition reports and conduct in-person viewings for potential listing.
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in applicable Art History or Decorative Arts category; M.A preferred.
- Minimum of five years experience as a Specialist or in an art sales related role.
- Demonstrated ability in appraising property and business-getting.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including superior written and spoken communications.
- Superior client service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Strong follow-up skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to work within a team environment.
LiveArt is the global fine art marketplace that puts collectors and artists in control by providing the necessary data, insight and opportunity to buy, sell or hold works of art without relying on traditional intermediaries.
LiveArt comprises two integrated and complementary platforms: LiveArt.ai and LiveArt.market. The AI-powered comprehensive data platform, LiveArt.ai, is the preeminent destination for art market data and analysis, live auction streaming, real-time and historic pricing information, detailed analysis of artist and market trends, and financial and cultural context.
Its sister site, LiveArt.market, is a digital peer-to-peer marketplace. LiveArt Market provides for ultimate discretion, allowing users to determine how much information about their identity and works of art is disclosed. New works available for purchase are shared in curated weekly drops.
LiveArt is an equal opportunity employer and offers flexible working arrangements, competitive compensation, and an exciting fast-paced start-up culture.