We design. We build. We code. We think. We craft. We engineer. We teach. We learn. We invent.
Are you passionate about inspiring everyone, everywhere, to invent? Do you want to empower inventors everywhere regardless of age, gender, skill, experience, or geographic location to make their ideas come to life as incredible inventions? Do you want to be part of a grassroots movement to democratize invention?
littleBits is looking for a Community + Content Coordinator to support our community programming and content development. This is a three-month, part-time, contract position. The ideal candidate has a solid understanding of the Maker Movement and experience with building, scaling, and supporting online and local communities. In this role, you will work with the Senior Manager of Community Programs to manage the littleBits Inventor Club program. This means you will be responsible for engaging with, supporting, and growing our Inventor Clubs, a program that includes classrooms, makerspaces, kitchen tables, and more. You’re a maker yourself who is passionate about supporting our Club Leaders and celebrating the achievements of our awesome and diverse inventor community at large. You are a master of spreadsheets, calendars, and maintaining systems to document and gather metrics on the health of our community.
If you’re not afraid to dream, to play, to invent, and to share, keep reading. Join us in empowering everyone to invent anything using littleBits.
WHAT YOU’LL DO AS COMMUNITY + CONTENT COORDINATOR:
- Manage a group of more than 300 Inventor Clubs through activities including: online moderation; content creation and compilation; creating and sending community newsletters; supporting a monthly Club Call; creating systems to cultivate and measure engagement; and collecting and sharing inspiring community stories.
- Cheerlead inventors everywhere no matter their background, age, or gender.
- Shape community programming to bolster broader company goals and priorities.
- Be a maker leader in a growing online community of inventors.
THE SKILLS/EXPERIENCE YOU NEED AS COMMUNITY + CONTENT COORDINATOR:
- Love of littleBits and our mission to democratize hardware. You have a passion for making in the open.
- Background in Design, Program Management, Education, or Engineering.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Experience as a maker and/or deep desire to learn more about the design process and maker culture.
- Highly personable and able to work in teams. You value collaboration deeply. You are friendly and approachable, and able to cultivate positive relationships with our online community members.
- Comfortable working in a startup environment.
- The following are not required, but they are a BIG plus:
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and G Suite
- Understanding of basic video editing
- Basic photography skills
- Experience as an educator or mentor
THE PERKS YOU’LL ENJOY AS THE COMMUNITY + CONTENT COORDINATOR:
- Being part of an awesome team that keeps playful inventing at the heart of all we do
- Sweeping views of the Hudson, a tricked-out office and fully stocked kitchen. We're listed as one of the top 11 office spaces in the US
- All the oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, microscopes, microchips, soldering irons, laser cutters, 3D printers, craft supplies and googly eyes you could ever want
- Benefits including medical, dental, vision, commuter checks, FSA, paid family leave and 401(K) with an abbreviated waiting period