We design. We build. We code. We think. We craft. We engineer. We teach. We learn. We invent.
At littleBits, we’re on a mission to democratize hardware by empowering everyone to create inventions, large and small, with our platform of easy-to-use electronic building blocks. And we believe this mission starts with you. When you join the team, you’ll enter a workspace that encourages innovation, creative expression, teamwork, and transparency. We also encourage spontaneous sing-a-longs, furry friends, roaming robots, and lots of laughs. If you are genuinely excited about our mission, and about working with a smart, dedicated and talented group of inventors, artists, and doers, we want you on our team!
We need a senior level SOFTWARE PRODUCT DESIGN LEAD who is a user-centered, innovative designer committed to creating thoughtful experiences and delightful moments of interaction. Working within the Product team, and closely with software engineering and product management, the SOFTWARE PRODUCT DESIGN LEAD will be a visionary who will push the boundaries of user experience and digital product design.
WHAT YOU'LL DO AS SOFTWARE PRODUCT DESIGN LEAD:
- Lead, formalize and improve the digital design process across platforms (website and apps)
- Continually suggest tests and data-driven iterations across all digital user experiences (acquisition and retention) to maximize engagement and revenue
- Build cohesive experiences across physical and digital product
- Coach, mentor, and inspire the software product design team
- Constantly apply insights into evolving digital behaviors to ensure best-in-class experiences
THE SKILLS/EXPERIENCE YOU'LL NEED AS SOFTWARE PRODUCT DESIGN LEAD:
- Deep understanding of UX, the UX process, and user-centered design principles
- Experience in interactive development and brand identity at a creative agency or startup
- Proven ability to take a project from concept to execution
- Strong track record in building first-in-class information architecture and interface design
- The ability to lead the design of large, complex systems of interactions
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Experience developing real apps (beyond concept apps!) and bonus points for designing digital experiences for kids
- Online or attached portfolios are also a MUST. Applications without a portfolio will be disregarded. Please include a link to your portfolio.
THE PERKS YOU’LL ENJOY AS SOFTWARE PRODUCT DESIGN LEAD:
- Being part of an awesome team that keeps playful inventing at the heart of all we do
- Sweeping views of the Hudson, a tricked-out office and fully stocked kitchen
- All the oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, microscopes, microchips, soldering irons, laser cutters, 3D
- printers, craft supplies and googly eyes you could ever want
- Benefits including medical, dental, vision, commuter checks, FSA and 401(K) with an abbreviated waiting period
- Stock options that go along with a high-growth, well-funded startup
- Flexible working hours and a generous sick day policy
- Generous vacation policy