We design. We build. We code. We think. We craft. We engineer. We teach. We learn. We invent.
At littleBits, we’re on a mission to democratize hardware by empowering everyone to create inventions, large and small, with our platform of easy-to-use electronic building blocks. And we believe this mission starts with you. When you join the team, you’ll enter a workspace that encourages innovation, creative expression, teamwork, and transparency. We also encourage spontaneous sing-a-longs, furry friends, roaming robots, and lots of laughs. If you are genuinely excited about our mission, and about working with a smart, dedicated and talented group of inventors, artists, and doers, we want you on our team!
We need a senior level SOFTWARE PRODUCT DESIGN LEAD who is a user-centered, innovative designer committed to creating thoughtful experiences and delightful moments of interaction. Working within the Brand & Experience team, and closely with software engineering and product management, the SOFTWARE PRODUCT DESIGN LEAD will be a visionary who will push the boundaries of user experience and digital product design.
WHAT YOU'LL DO AS SOFTWARE PRODUCT DESIGN LEAD:
- Lead, formalize and improve the digital design process across platforms (website and apps)
- Continually suggest tests and data-driven iterations across all digital user experiences (acquisition and retention) to maximize engagement and revenue
- Build cohesive experiences across physical and digital product
- Coach, mentor, and inspire the digital product design team
- Constantly apply insights into evolving digital behaviors to ensure best-in-class experiences
THE SKILLS/EXPERIENCE YOU'LL NEED AS SOFTWARE PRODUCT DESIGN LEAD:
- Deep understanding of UX, the UX process, and user-centered design principles
- Experience in interactive development and brand identity at a creative agency or startup
- Proven ability to take a project from concept to execution
- Strong track record in building first-in-class information architecture and interface design
- The ability to lead the design of large, complex systems of interactions
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Experience developing real apps (beyond concept apps!) and bonus points for designing digital experiences for kids
- Online or attached portfolios are also a MUST. Applications without a portfolio will be disregarded. Please include a link to your portfolio.
THE PERKS YOU’LL ENJOY AS SOFTWARE PRODUCT DESIGN LEAD:
- Being part of an awesome team that keeps playful inventing at the heart of all we do
- Sweeping views of the Hudson, a tricked-out office and fully stocked kitchen
- All the oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, microscopes, microchips, soldering irons, laser cutters, 3D
- printers, craft supplies and googly eyes you could ever want
- Benefits including medical, dental, vision, commuter checks, FSA and 401(K) with an abbreviated waiting period
- Stock options that go along with a high-growth, well-funded startup
- Flexible working hours and a generous sick day policy
- Generous vacation policy