We design. We build. We code. We think. We craft. We engineer. We teach. We learn. We invent.
At littleBits, we’re on a mission to democratize hardware by empowering everyone to create inventions, large and small, with our platform of easy-to-use electronic building blocks. And we believe this mission starts with you. When you join the team, you’ll enter a workspace that encourages innovation, creative expression, teamwork and transparency. We also encourage spontaneous sing-a-longs, furry friends, roaming robots, and lots of laughs. If you are genuinely excited about our mission, and about working with a smart, dedicated and talented group of inventors, artists, and doers, we want you on our team!
We are looking for a highly creative and innovative team player with an outstanding portfolio of strong product development work. He/she is passionate about building great digital product experiences, and our mission to empower our community. He/she will thrive in a fast-paced team environment, and will draw inspiration from growing and inspiring our digital Maker community to invent the amazing.
WHAT YOU’LL DO AS A DIRECTOR OF SOFTWARE PRODUCT MANAGEMENT:
- Responsible for providing leadership on product requirements, making functional design trade-offs, driving implementation, and managing launches
- Prioritize our resources and efforts to build the most impactful products possible
- Gather and cultivate key metrics to promote data-driven product development, and define product success metrics and analyze product performance.
- Work with cross-functional teams to guarantee execution on product launches and meet deadlines.
- End-to-end development and implementation of new digital products, services, and third-party implementations
- Partner with key members of the organization to define product strategy
- Agile project management of features, built with a small development team
- Create detailed product requirements through testable user stories
- Create requirements, product specifications, and roll out schedule for products and releases.
- Oversee all testing and QA of e-commerce products.
- Help provide trade-off analysis between time, features, and resources.
THE SKILLS/EXPERIENCE YOU’LL NEED TO BE A DIRECTOR OF SOFTWARE PRODUCT MANAGEMENT:
- Demonstrable experience managing development of innovative online digital consumer focused products.
- Outstanding team player and strong-cross functional team leader: skilled at building strong relationships and successfully driving team towards unified goals and vision.
- Clear understanding and ideal experience with monetization of digital content and financial modelling.
- Ideally you will have experience working across multiple teams and stakeholders, interfacing effectively with Engineers, Technology, Designers, Marketing, Operations, and Sales.
- Prior experience creating A/B and/or multivariate tests for features on an eCommerce website.
- Experience working with integrations, ERPs and e-commerce platforms
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills combined with a strong business and technical acumen.
- Experience with data-driven product development and utilizing competitive analytic tools such as Google Analytics to drive strategic and actionable results.
- Proactive and results-oriented individual who thinks creatively and follows through.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high growth, changing environment
- Strong time management & organization skills
- Attention to detail with excellent problem solving skills
- Gathering testing/targeting requirements from business partners, marketing, analytics, etc.
- Curious and analytical by nature
- Comfortable working with both quantitative and qualitative data
- Experience working with an Agile and data driven environment
THE PERKS YOU’LL ENJOY AS A HEAD OF DIRECTOR OF SOFTWARE PRODUCT MANAGEMENT:
- Being part of an awesome team that keeps playful inventing at the heart of all we do
- Sweeping views of the Hudson, a tricked-out office and fully stocked kitchen. We're listed as one of the top 11 office spaces in the US: http://notable.ca/design-love-11-of-the-best-office-spaces-in-the-united-states/
- All the oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, microscopes, microchips, soldering irons, laser cutters, 3D printers, craft supplies and googly eyes you could ever want
- Benefits including medical, dental, vision, commuter checks, FSA, paid family leave and 401(K) with an abbreviated waiting period
- Stock options that go along with a high-growth, well-funded startup
- Flexible working hours and unlimited sick days
- Generous vacation policy