We design. We build. We code. We think. We craft. We engineer. We teach. We learn. We invent.
At littleBits, we’re on a mission to democratize hardware by empowering everyone to create inventions, large and small, with our platform of easy-to-use electronic building blocks. And we believe this mission starts with you. When you join the team, you’ll enter a workspace that encourages innovation, creative expression, teamwork and transparency. We also encourage spontaneous sing-a-longs, furry friends, roaming robots, and lots of laughs. If you are genuinely excited about our mission, and about working with a smart, dedicated and talented group of inventors, artists, and doers, we want you on our team!
We are looking for a highly creative and innovative team player with a track record of delivering new and improved software experiences. He/she is passionate about building great user experiences, and our mission to empower our community. He/she will thrive in a fast-paced team environment, and will draw inspiration from growing and inspiring our online Maker community to invent the amazing.
WHAT YOU’LL DO AS A SOFTWARE PRODUCT MANAGER
As a Software Product Manager at littleBits you will be charged with building integrated software-hardware products and standalone software experiences that delight our customers and grow our business. You will break down complex problems and use data to inform decisions. You will combine your passion for modular educational toys with exceptionally strong analytic and problem solving skills.
- Contribute to the product vision and strategy for our kits, helping to ensure we’re always building a product that delivers value to our customers and grows our business
- Develop strategy and roadmaps to extend the value of our products by adding new software features, content and experiences that improve engagement
- Identify key metrics, prioritize objectives, and provide a clear roadmap for the team at all times
- Define product goals, metrics, requirements, prioritize, make trade-offs, and drive implementation
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure smooth product launches
- Use data to understand how users engage with our software experiences and define hypothesis-driven changes that increase engagement
- Collaborate effectively with other PMs, designers, and engineers to develop prototypes and ship products, driving urgency and analysis into the build-measure-learn cycle that propels development
- Capture learnings from successful as well as failed efforts, and share them with the rest of the team and organization to help broaden our understanding of our users
- Build relationships and collaborate with people across the company. We build products that are full experiences encompassing hardware and software. You’ll work to ensure that the products feel like they were built by a single integrated team.
- Take initiative on ideas that grow our team’s contribution to the company and our users’ experiences
- Contribute to growing the capabilities of our software product management team
THE SKILLS/EXPERIENCE YOU’LL NEED TO BE A SOFTWARE PRODUCT MANAGER
- 4+ years of software product management experience at a consumer or educational internet company. Experience building software-hardware products, or prior work at a hardware company a bonus
- Outstanding team player and cross-functional team leader: skilled at building strong relationships and successfully driving teams towards unified goals and vision. Experience interacting effectively with Engineers, Designers, Marketing, Operations, Sales, and Leadership
- Deep empathy for customer needs and fluency in user research methodologies, as well as approaches to the design process
- Superior written and oral communication skills to articulate and convey product vision and strategy to people at all levels in the organization
- Strong analytical ability that enables you to break down complex problems and synthesize insights from qualitative and quantitative data. SQL querying abilities a plus
- Prior experience running A/B and/or multivariate tests of features
- Outstanding ability to collaborate with others to solve tough problems
- Strong time management and organizational skills to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Proactive and results-oriented individual who thinks creatively and has the proven ability to innovate
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high growth, changing environment
- A Bachelor’s degree in engineering, science, math or business-related field
THE PERKS YOU’LL ENJOY AS A SOFTWARE PRODUCT MANAGER
- Being part of an awesome team that keeps playful inventing at the heart of all we do
- Sweeping views of the Hudson, a tricked-out office and fully stocked kitchen. We're listed as one of the top 11 office spaces in the US: http://notable.ca/design-love-11-of-the-best-office-spaces-in-the-united-states/
- All the oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, microscopes, microchips, soldering irons, laser cutters, 3D printers, craft supplies and googly eyes you could ever want
- Benefits including medical, dental, vision, commuter checks, FSA, paid family leave and 401(K) with an abbreviated waiting period
- Stock options that go along with a high-growth, well-funded startup
- Flexible working hours and unlimited sick days
- Generous vacation policy