We design. We build. We code. We think. We craft. We engineer. We teach. We learn. We invent.
At littleBits, we’re on a mission to democratize hardware by empowering everyone to create inventions, large and small, with our platform of easy-to-use electronic building blocks. And we believe this mission starts with you. When you join the team, you’ll enter a workspace that encourages innovation, creative expression, teamwork and transparency. We also encourage spontaneous sing-a-longs, furry friends, roaming robots, and lots of laughs. If you are genuinely excited about our mission, and about working with a smart, dedicated and talented group of inventors, artists and doers, we want you on our team!
littleBits is looking for a whip-smart and energetic CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE to join our team. The job includes assisting with orders, offering product information and advice, that allows our customers to invent stress-free. A Customer Service Rep will be tasked with ensuring that our customers are not only happy, but ecstatic!
This is a 5-6 month contract position where you would be a part of a great customer support team!
We value cover letters as a part of our application process. Please specify your interest in littleBits and in the opportunity. Submissions without an attached cover letter will not be considered.
WHAT YOU’LL DO AS A CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE:
- Answer a high volume of email and phone inquiries to provide buying advice, assist with order fulfillment, and troubleshoot product issues
- Monitor forum posts and work with our outside departments to ensure questions are answered
- Escalate customer issues when needed and communicate new issues to management
- Assist in composing help documentation
- Test and process customer returns
THE SKILLS/EXPERIENCE YOU’LL NEED TO BE A CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE:
- Impeccable writing skills and phone manner
- Ability to handle a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Ability to type at minimum 50wpm
- Extremely web savvy, with the ability to learn new systems quickly
- Previous hardware tech support and holiday retail experience a plus
- Industrial design, engineering, or hardware tinkering experience a plus
- Full time availability, with potential for weekend work
THE PERKS YOU’LL ENJOY AS A CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE:
- Being part of an awesome team that keeps playful inventing at the heart of all we do
- Sweeping views of the Hudson, a tricked-out office and fully stocked kitchen. We're listed as one of the top 11 office spaces in the US: http://notable.ca/design-love-11-of-the-best-office-spaces-in-the-united-states/
- All the oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, microscopes, microchips, soldering irons, laser cutters, 3D printers, craft supplies and googly eyes you could ever want
- Benefits including medical, dental, vision, commuter checks, FSA and 401(K) with an abbreviated waiting period
- Flexible working hours and an unlimited vacation and sick day policy