We design. We build. We code. We think. We craft. We engineer. We teach. We learn. We invent.
At littleBits, we’re on a mission to democratize hardware by empowering everyone to create inventions, large and small, with our platform of easy-to-use electronic building blocks. And we believe this mission starts with you. When you join the team, you’ll enter a workspace that encourages innovation, creative expression, teamwork, and transparency. We also encourage spontaneous sing-a-longs, furry friends, roaming robots, and lots of laughs. If you are genuinely excited about our mission, and about working with a smart, dedicated and talented group of inventors, artists, and doers, we want you on our team!
We need a Director of Corporate Communications that will be responsible for internal/external communications and social media strategy by implementing communication/branding strategies, upholding company reputation through public relations and social media.
WHAT YOU'LL DO AS DIRECTOR, CORPORATE COMMUNICATIONS:
- Build strategic, integrated communications plans that apply creative tactics that use a variety of communication channels, including media relations, digital and social, internal communications, and video.
- Implement strategies to share inspiring stories that motivate employees and influence our global maker community.
- Shape stories and messages that resonate with customers, media influencers, and social followers.
- Develop communications strategy that elevates littleBits as a leading company, within the industry and beyond.
- Successfully manage PR agency by overseeing the design and execution of all public relations campaigns
- Develop social media strategies which engage current littleBits enthusiasts and attract a new following of fans, press and industry thought leaders
- Oversee management of social media channels and the social media content calendar as part of the overall marketing and communications calendar; track and measure results on all platforms
- Direct consistent messaging programs across each global territory where littleBits products are sold.
- Develop and edit materials such as communications plans, fact sheets, news and online media materials, bylined articles and presentations.
- Collaborate with brand marketing, social media, and customer support teams to ensure integrated storytelling to get the most from communications efforts.
- Deliver transparent and consistent corporate internal and external communication strategies aligned with company vision and business goals.
- Guide the way littleBits’s business leaders connect with employees, evolving and opening new ways to communicate key information to our teams. Manage tight alignment with external communications to share and reinforce the ever-changing story of our company with our highly-engaged employees
THE SKILLS/EXPERIENCE YOU'LL NEED AS DIRECTOR, CORPORATE COMMUNICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s in communications, marketing, or related field
- 10+ years of communications, branding, marketing, and/or advertising management experience
- Experience developing measurable global and regionally-focused social media strategies
- Experience integrating internal and external views to create a business-relevant perspective
- Expert skills in communications, media relations, writing, message development and reputation management
- Ability to weave multiple communications programs into a cohesive brand story
- Expert understanding of social media marketing and messaging
- Understanding of domestic and international media markets
- Strong analytical and synthesis skills
- Excellent listening, oral, and written communication/presentation skills
THE PERKS YOU’LL ENJOY AS DIRECTOR, CORPORATE COMMUNICATIONS:
- Being part of an awesome team that keeps playful inventing at the heart of all we do
- Sweeping views of the Hudson, a tricked-out office and fully stocked kitchen
- All the oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, microscopes, microchips, soldering irons, laser cutters, 3D printers, craft supplies and googly eyes you could ever want
- Benefits including medical, dental, vision, commuter checks, FSA and 401(K) with an abbreviated waiting period
- Stock options that go along with a high-growth, well-funded startup
- Flexible working hours and a generous sick day policy
- Generous vacation policy