We design. We build. We code. We think. We craft. We engineer. We teach. We learn. We invent.
At littleBits, we’re on a mission to democratize hardware by empowering everyone to create inventions, large and small, with our platform of easy-to-use electronic building blocks. And we believe this mission starts with you. When you join the team, you’ll enter a workspace that encourages innovation, creative expression, teamwork, and transparency. We also encourage spontaneous sing-a-longs, furry friends, roaming robots, and lots of laughs. If you are genuinely excited about our mission, and about working with a smart, dedicated and talented group of inventors, artists, and doers, we want you on our team!
We need a highly creative, self-starter to help create compelling brand and product video.
WHAT YOU'LL DO AS A VIDEOGRAPHER, PHOTOGRAPHER and CONTENT PRODUCER:
- Create and develop multimedia (audio/video/photo) content for customer stories, internal company announcement videos, external promotional social videos, product marketing videos, recruiting videos, corporate training and other enterprise-wide projects
- Script, storyboard, budget, allocate resources, set deadlines and select optimal forms of media for projects
- Be responsible for taking professional photographs of products and events.
- Work independently, as well as part of a team to establish project deliverables
- Collaborate closely with internal clients and stakeholders to help facilitate the creation of multimedia content
- Plan video shoots; scout, select and reserve shoot locations
- Develop production schedules
- When working with external vendors, select and hire additional crew and talent; direct and coach talent; make transportation arrangements for crew, talent and equipment; and ensure all location power needs are met
- Maintain in-house equipment, including repairs and upkeep and suggestions for new purchases and improvements
- Reserve and rent equipment
- Record and edit video and sound projects, including selecting program format for final output, capturing/importing media, organizing raw media, editing footage and sound files, creating and inserting static and motion graphics, titling, adding music/voice-over/sfx, media management and archiving project media
- Evaluate analytics, present metrics and incorporate findings into future projects
THE SKILLS/EXPERIENCE YOU'LL NEED AS VIDEOGRAPHER, PHOTOGRAPHER and CONTENT PRODUCER:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field.
- 3+ year minimum related experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong conceptual and technical knowledge in graphic design, photography and videography.
- Showcase examples and experience in photography and video production
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Flash) and relevant video editing software.
- Careful attention to detail and good organization skills.
- Ability to deliver high-quality projects on time and in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to juggle shifting priorities and multiple projects.
- Self-starter, able to work independently as well as in a team, prioritizing tasks.
- Must be a nice person.
THE PERKS YOU’LL ENJOY AS VIDEOGRAPHER, PHOTOGRAPHER and CONTENT PRODUCER:
- Being part of an awesome team that keeps playful inventing at the heart of all we do
- Sweeping views of the Hudson, a tricked-out office and fully stocked kitchen
- All the oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, microscopes, microchips, soldering irons, laser cutters, 3D printers, craft supplies and googly eyes you could ever want
- Benefits including medical, dental, vision, commuter checks, FSA and 401(K) with an abbreviated waiting period
- Stock options that go along with a high-growth, well-funded startup
- Flexible working hours and a generous sick day policy
- Generous vacation policy