We design. We build. We code. We think. We craft. We engineer. We teach. We learn. We invent.
At littleBits, we’re on a mission to democratize hardware by empowering everyone to create inventions, large and small, with our platform of easy-to-use electronic building blocks. And we believe this mission starts with you. When you join the team, you’ll enter a workspace that encourages innovation, creative expression, teamwork, and transparency. We also encourage spontaneous sing-a-longs, furry friends, roaming robots, and lots of laughs. If you are genuinely excited about our mission, and about working with a smart, dedicated and talented group of inventors, artists and doers, we want you on our team!
There are no acronyms in this post. You may have built an application in RoR to do high-volume transactions. Maybe you’ve done a single-page app using React with rich UI animations. Perhaps you dove into the Kotlin when the mobile team needed a hand there, and saw an opportunity to make the REST layer respond more quickly. Whether or not you’ve done any of those things, if the opportunity to try all of them is exciting to you, and you would like to do so with a sharp and committed team, we should talk.
WHAT YOU’LL DO AS A SOFTWARE ENGINEER (Fullstack/Generalist):
The SOFTWARE ENGINEER (FULLSTACK/GENERALIST) will be part of the top-notch team responsible for the infrastructure, services, and products across our digital web properties (e-commerce, community, and backend operations). Our engineering challenges range from high-availability service architecture, devops, full-lifecycle business intelligence, search & recommendations, and synchronization services for ecommerce, order management, supply chain, distribution, and logistics. Systems supported are both internal and public facing, including the service layer for our innovative CloudBit platform. Our user-facing software products include Electron apps running a React UI, native mobile apps, and more.
- Write high-quality code that helps our customers and colleagues achieve our mission
- Contribute to architecture and product definition
- Be an expert at services development and architecture
- Create frontend components that delight users and future maintenance developers alike
- Share knowledge and learn in an agile development process
- Help increase littleBits leadership in the open source community
THE SKILLS/EXPERIENCE YOU’LL NEED TO BE A SOFTWARE ENGINEER (Fullstack/Generalist):
- Experience building new software products, and supporting legacy and sustaining products
- Can work with complex enterprise systems for accounting, ecommerce, email marketing, sales lead management, and others
- Frontend / UI development and architecture
- Experienced in deployment and support scripting for deployment and CI
- A bias towards usable and engaging product design and UX
- Fluent in agile development methodology and comfortable in a dynamic startup environment
- Ability to form collaborative and positive relationships with both technical colleagues and business partners
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to itemize and estimate deliverables, and author technical specs
- Establish priorities and deliver against company goals and metrics
- Strong sense of ownership and urgency
- Delivery-focused entrepreneurial mindset and bias towards action
THE PERKS YOU’LL ENJOY AS SOFTWARE ENGINEER (Fullstack/Generalist):
- Being part of an awesome team that keeps playful inventing at the heart of all we do
- Sweeping views of the Hudson, a tricked-out office and fully stocked kitchen
- Office dogs
- All the oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, microscopes, microchips, soldering irons, laser cutters, 3D printers, craft supplies and googly eyes you could ever want
- Benefits including medical, dental, vision, commuter checks, FSA and 401(K) with an abbreviated waiting period
- Stock options that go along with a high-growth, well-funded startup
- Flexible working hours and a unlimited PTO