We design. We build. We code. We think. We craft. We engineer. We teach. We learn. We invent.
At littleBits, we’re on a mission to democratize hardware by empowering everyone to create inventions, large and small, with our platform of easy-to-use electronic building blocks. And we believe this mission starts with you. When you join the team, you’ll enter a workspace that encourages innovation, creative expression, teamwork, and transparency. We also encourage spontaneous sing-a-longs, furry friends, roaming robots, and lots of laughs. If you are genuinely excited about our mission, and about working with a smart, dedicated and talented group of inventors, artists, and doers, we want you on our team!
We need a Director of Product Marketing that will be responsible for the outbound marketing activities for all litteBits products. You will define the messaging and positioning for products. You'll conceive and develop innovative marketing programs that drive demand. Attention to detail and an eye for quality, along with the ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into benefits is crucial.
WHAT YOU'LL DO AS DIRECTOR, PRODUCT MARKETING:
- Develop product positioning and messaging that differentiates our products in the market.
- Plan the launch of new products and releases and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan.
- Be our market intelligence leader. Know our customers, how they buy and their buying criteria. Be the expert on our competition and how to crush them. Understand the landscape and use that intelligence to inform product and roadmap decisions.
- Communicate the value proposition of the products to the sales team and develop the sales tools that support the selling process of our products.
- Develop the strategy and manage the marketing programs that drive demand for our products.
- Develop and manage a team of marketers to deliver innovative and successful marketing programs across our consumer and education businesses.
THE SKILLS/EXPERIENCE YOU'LL NEED AS DIRECTOR, PRODUCT MARKETING:
- Bachelor’s in business, marketing, or related field; MBA preferred
- 9+ years of product marketing experience, preferably in consumer technology or education technology products
- Proven track record of successful new product planning and introduction
- Demonstrated experience building and managing a team
- Proven leader who can create a trusted partnership with sales, cross-functional marketing, product, and support teams, as well as customers and partners
- Proven capability to understand the value that technology creates for consumers and educators —at both a strategic and tactical level—and deliver this message clearly and succinctly through sales tools and marketing content
- Experience building and managing a budget, and driving ROI-positive marketing programs
- Strong analytical and synthesis skills
- Strong team-building skills and experience bringing together diverse views
- Excellent listening, oral, and written communication/presentation skills
THE PERKS YOU’LL ENJOY AS DIRECTOR, PRODUCT MARKETING:
- Being part of an awesome team that keeps playful inventing at the heart of all we do
- Sweeping views of the Hudson, a tricked-out office and fully stocked kitchen
- All the oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, microscopes, microchips, soldering irons, laser cutters, 3D printers, craft supplies and googly eyes you could ever want
- Benefits including medical, dental, vision, commuter checks, FSA and 401(K) with an abbreviated waiting period
- Stock options that go along with a high-growth, well-funded startup
- Flexible working hours and a generous sick day policy
- Generous vacation policy