We design. We build. We code. We think. We craft. We engineer. We teach. We learn. We invent.
At littleBits, we’re on a mission to democratize hardware by empowering everyone to create inventions, large and small, with our platform of easy-to-use electronic building blocks. And we believe this mission starts with you. When you join the team, you’ll enter a workspace that encourages innovation, creative expression, teamwork and transparency. We also encourage spontaneous sing-a-longs, furry friends, roaming robots, and lots of laughs. If you are genuinely excited about our mission, and about working with a smart, dedicated and talented group of inventors, artists, and doers, we want you on our team!
If you share our insatiable drive to make things better, you may be the SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGER we want on our mission to get the world inventing. We are looking for a dynamic and talented individual who strives to make supply chain nimble, efficient and flexible. The successful candidate must be process oriented, data-driven, and have direct experience managing supply chain teams. This role reports to the Supply Chain Manager.
WHAT YOU’LL DO AS THE SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGER:
Lead supply chain team, logistics execution and planning for littleBits:
- Lead the supplier selection process and act as the primary coordinator of supplier qualification and development process, ensuring supplier quality, accountability, and performance management
- Overall responsibility for maintain supplier relationships with CM and 3PL
- Lead global contract negotiations for CM, 3PL, Freight-forwarding, in partnership with legal
- Drive new product introduction processes with manufacturers in coordination with hardware engineering teams
- Create and manage effective Supply Chain KPIs for distribution to the executive team
- Overall responsibility for coordinating, communicating, and tracking supply chain projects while developing and managing new and existing supplier base
- Generate, implement and execute strategies to effectively manage demand planning and forecasting, and inventory and supply planning.
- Negotiate volume-based purchase agreements, while securing favorable terms and sustainable supply chains by leveraging key partnerships
- Manage relationships with and monitor performance of our logistics and fulfillment partners; oversee development of systems and processes to continually improve performance.
- Collaborate with management team to ensure all aspects of product supply chain, including quality control, are well developed and maintained throughout product lifecycle.
- Plan for phase-in and phase-out of components while maintaining sufficient material days on hand.
- Review and evaluate cost savings opportunities, work with key stakeholders to implement changes to programs
- Overall responsibility for coordinating, communicating, and tracking metrics such as raw and finished goods turnover, incoming and outgoing shipping costs, labor cost, warehouse safety, and inventory carrying cost
- Monitor product import or export processes to ensure compliance with regulatory or legal requirements.
- Create and work within annual departmental budgets
THE SKILLS/EXPERIENCE YOU’LL NEED TO BE THE SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGER:
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, Business or related field; MBA or MA a plus
- High level of leadership skills with a desire to cultivate leadership and performance in direct reports
- Experience with ERP and/or inventory management systems
- Minimum 7 years of work experience within manufacturing/supply chain; experience in supply chain line management/leadership
- Experience managing a CM relationship
- Experience designing/redesigning supply chain processes and programs to build capacity and/or increase efficiency
- Demonstrated understanding of product development lifecycles, design change and document change control, product and process verification and validation methodologies, and manufacturing / production process control methodologies.
- Outstanding communication skills: ability to synthesize complex information into simple, actionable insights and communicate technical requirements
- Positive attitude, high energy and an eagerness to learn and work in a fast-paced, high-growth startup
- Experience with appliance, automotive or electromechanical device manufacturing a plus
- Demonstrated collaboration, negotiation & conflict resolution skills, ability to lead, acknowledge, develop, communicate & implement a strategy to ensure compliance.
- Change agent with energy, passion, and enthusiasm to drive change.
- Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing preferred
- PMI/PMP training
- Experience using SmartSheets, Jira or similar task tracking tools
- Lean / Six Sigma experience
- Experience in an electronic toy company
THE PERKS YOU’LL ENJOY AS THE SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGER:
- Being part of an awesome team that keeps playful inventing at the heart of all we do
- Sweeping views of the Hudson, a tricked-out office and fully stocked kitchen. We're listed as one of the top 11 office spaces in the US
- All the oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, microscopes, microchips, soldering irons, laser cutters, 3D printers, craft supplies and googly eyes you could ever want
- Benefits including medical, dental, vision, commuter checks, FSA, paid family leave and 401(K) with an abbreviated waiting period
- Stock options that go along with a high-growth, well-funded startup
- Generous vacation policy