We design. We build. We code. We think. We craft. We engineer. We teach. We learn. We invent.
At littleBits, we’re on a mission to democratize hardware by empowering everyone to create inventions, large and small, with our platform of easy-to-use electronic building blocks. And we believe this mission starts with you. When you join the team, you’ll enter a workspace that encourages innovation, creative expression, teamwork and transparency. We also encourage spontaneous sing-a-longs, furry friends, roaming robots, and lots of laughs. If you are genuinely excited about our mission, and about working with a smart, dedicated and talented group of inventors, artists, and doers, we want you on our team!
If you share this insatiable drive to make things better, you may be the ELECTRICAL ENGINEER we want on our mission to get the world inventing. We are looking for a experienced embedded hardware/firmware developer who can drive the success of littleBits as we grow and expand markets. This role reports to the Director of Engineering.
WHAT YOU’LL DO AS ELECTRICAL ENGINEER:
- Work as a member of the Engineering hardware team to design new components, products, and systems
- Develop/debug MCU firmware on bare metal, as a member of a collaborative team
- Develop firmware tests
- Document work according to engineering team guidelines
- Design and/or modify analog and digital circuits
- High speed multi-layer PCB layout
- Build and rework prototypes as needed
- Test and verify hardware and firmware according to engineering team guidelines
- Develop assembly line test procedures, fixturing, and software
- International travel possible
THE SKILLS/EXPERIENCE YOU’LL NEED AS ELECTRICAL ENGINEER:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 2+ years’ experience working on embedded hardware projects
- Experience with various microcontroller architecture, including ARM and 8051.
- Experience with Internet-connected devices a plus (IoT, BLE, WiFi, etc)
- Proficiency in C, C++, Assembly, GCC.
- Experience in scripting languages such as Python a plus.
- Eclipse-based IDEs a plus
- Linux competency, iOS/Android development experience a plus
- Comfort working in a fluid environment with changing specifications under tight deadlines
- Competency in circuit and PCB design on a standard EDA platform (EaglePCB, Altium, Cadence, etc.)
- Analog circuit design proficiency.
- Proficiency with standard test equipment: o-scope, DMM, etc.
- Effective soldering and prototyping skills, including SM technology
THE PERKS YOU’LL ENJOY AS ELECTRICAL ENGINEER:
- Being part of an awesome team that keeps playful inventing at the heart of all we do
- Sweeping views of the Hudson, a tricked-out office and fully stocked kitchen. We're listed as one of the top 11 office spaces in the US
- All the oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, microscopes, microchips, soldering irons, laser cutters, 3D printers, craft supplies and googly eyes you could ever want
- Benefits including medical, dental, vision, commuter checks, FSA, paid family leave and 401(K) with an abbreviated waiting period
- Stock options that go along with a high-growth, well-funded startup
- Flexible working hours and unlimited sick days
- Generous vacation policy