We design. We build. We code. We think. We craft. We engineer. We teach. We learn. We invent.
At littleBits, we’re on a mission to democratize hardware by empowering everyone to create inventions, large and small, with our platform of easy-to-use electronic building blocks. And we believe this mission starts with you. When you join the team, you’ll enter a workspace that encourages innovation, creative expression, teamwork, and transparency. We also encourage spontaneous sing-a-longs, furry friends, roaming robots, and lots of laughs. If you are genuinely excited about our mission, and about working with a smart, dedicated and talented group of inventors, artists and doers, we want you on our team!
The SENIOR FRONT END ENGINEER will be part of the team responsible for the architecture, user experience, and playability of our digital products. Along with some front-end support of the littleBits brand site, this team member will help design and build digital experiences that will be integral to extending the littleBits brand from the physical world into software. This is an opportunity to work on a greenfield project and support and grow it as it becomes a platform for learning and community. Your input will be needed and valued as we iterate towards an application experience that draws in the user while packing some serious innovation under the hood.
You will be working with a top-notch engineering, design, and product management team - a key player in an organization that breathes innovation.
WHAT YOU'LL DO AS A SENIOR FRONT END ENGINEER:
- Write high-quality code that helps our customers and colleagues achieve our mission
- Contribute to architecture and product definition
- Share knowledge and learn in an agile development process
THE SKILLS/EXPERIENCE YOU'LL NEED AS A SENIOR FRONT END ENGINEER:
- Experience in developing and iterating on UX that delights users
- Strong sense of ownership and urgency
- Ability to form collaborative and positive relationships with both technical colleagues and business partners
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to itemize and estimate deliverables, and author technical specs
- Establish priorities and deliver against company goals and metrics
- Past projects geared towards kids or education
- Participation in open source projects
- Experience with start-ups and agile software processes
- Delivery-focused entrepreneurial mindset and bias towards action
- Experience the rest of our stack: Ruby, Node.js, Scala, Docker, MySQL, Redis
THE PERKS YOU’LL ENJOY AS SENIOR FRONT END ENGINEER:
- Being part of an awesome team that keeps playful inventing at the heart of all we do
- Sweeping views of the Hudson, a tricked-out office and fully stocked kitchen
- All the oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, microscopes, microchips, soldering irons, laser cutters, 3D printers, craft supplies and googly eyes you could ever want
- Benefits including medical, dental, vision, commuter checks, FSA and 401(K) with an abbreviated waiting period
- Stock options that go along with a high-growth, well-funded startup
- Flexible working hours and a generous vacation and sick day policy