We invent. We design. We build. We code. We think. We craft. We engineer. We teach. We learn. We invent.
At littleBits, we’re on a mission to democratize hardware by empowering everyone to create inventions, large and small, with our platform of easy-to-use electronic building blocks. And we believe this mission starts with you. When you join the team, you’ll enter a workspace that encourages innovation, creative expression, teamwork and transparency. We also encourage spontaneous sing-a-longs, furry friends, roaming robots, and lots of laughs. If you are genuinely excited about our mission, and about working with a smart, dedicated and talented group of inventors, artists, and doers, we want you on our team!
We're looking for a real passionate, geeky, brand-obsessed and data-driven VIDEOGRAPHER & VIDEO STRATEGIST. We need someone who can tell powerful stories with their still and moving images, and is dedicated to supporting our mission with each asset. You will work ON PREMISES with our marketing team to deliver compelling, and beautiful media, to inspire the next generation of inventors.
Applications without links to portfolio will be NOT considered.
WHAT YOU'LL DO AS VIDEOGRAPHER & VIDEO STRATEGIST:
- Manage the video content budget to create a sustainable and innovative video program
- Carry out a metrics-driven approach to content creation and distribution
- Convey the littleBits brand via high-quality images and videos for all mediums, including packaging, collateral materials, social media, print and e-advertising
- Format, retouch, edit and enhance all videos as needed
- Maintain files of images for future use, including shot lists and photo availability
- Handle and transport delicate equipment; changing lenses and building cameras on tripods; setting up lighting and grip equipment
- Operate wireless lavs and monitoring audio
THE SKILLS/EXPERIENCE YOU'LL NEED AS VIDEOGRAPHER & VIDEO STRATEGIST:
- Be someone who's creative, who's very social media and digital content savvy
- 5-7 years of experience with a website, digital advertising agency or online marketing, advertising, or publishing group, with a thorough understanding of online business and publishing models/strategies
- Understanding of the social web is paramount: the candidate must understand the nuances of the social ecosystem and what makes video content engaging and shareable
- Possess a strong understanding of the digital video landscape, including the latest techniques for a growing audience, distribution strategy and cost effectively shooting quality video, including producing ideas in multi-format video for all audiences: YouTube, Facebook, Snapchat and more
- Working knowledge of consumers/advertisers in the media space and experience partnering with consumer publishing brands
- Hands-on experience with video creation
- Entrepreneurial, digitally-savvy, creative, and experimental in approach to problem solving; exceptional analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to clearly articulate and present initiatives to creative and technical teams alike
- Self-motivated and capable of discovering inspiration independently
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Highly collaborative and innovative
THE PERKS YOU'LL ENJOYS AS VIDEOGRAPHER & VIDEO STRATEGIST:
- Being part of an awesome team that keeps playful inventing at the heart of all we do
- Sweeping views of the Hudson, a tricked-out office and fully stocked kitchen
- All the oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, microscopes, microchips, soldering irons, laser cutters, 3D printers, craft supplies and googly eyes you could ever want
- Benefits including medical, dental, vision, commuter checks, FSA and 401(K) with an abbreviated waiting period
- Stock options that go along with a high-growth, well-funded startup
- Flexible working hours and sick day policy
- Generous vacation policy