We design. We build. We code. We think. We craft. We engineer. We teach. We learn. We invent.
At littleBits, we’re on a mission to democratize hardware by empowering everyone to create inventions, large and small, with our platform of easy-to-use electronic building blocks. And we believe this mission starts with you. When you join the team, you’ll enter a workspace that encourages innovation, creative expression, teamwork and transparency. We also encourage spontaneous sing-a-longs, furry friends, roaming robots, and lots of laughs. If you are genuinely excited about our mission, and about working with a smart, dedicated and talented group of inventors, artists, and doers, we want you on our team!
littleBits is looking for an incredibly talented UX designer to help envision, design and prototype our web platforms and mobile applications. You will work with our Marketing & Sales Teams, Product Manager and Tech lead to help define and structure strategy and create an engaging user experience through all digital products.
You are expected to contribute with creative techniques and methodologies in brainstorming, user testing, story development, designing schematics and prototyping. You should be data-driven and use analytics tools in order to gauge success of development designs and platforms. you would also help the development team in setting-up its iterative and agile development cycles.
WHAT YOU'LL DO AS DIGITAL PRODUCT DESIGNER:
- Define and manage the user experience on the web platform
- Develop stories, wireframes, and requirements with emphasis on simplicity and ease-of use
- Conduct user testing to gather user feedback, needs, and insights to identify new and validate existing opportunities for improvement
- Design systems that help the team gain insight of our users' preferences and behavior patterns
- Adopt design systems with consistent guidelines across UI
- Source members of the Product, Engineering and Content groups throughout the product development life cycle
- Prototype with different stakeholders and collate results in new stories and product improvements
- Integrate social tools to provide a sense of personal experience, community and sharing
THE SKILLS/EXPERIENCE YOU'LL NEED AS DIGITAL PRODUCT DESIGNER
- Deep understanding of UX, the UX process, and user-centered design principles
- Strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques
- Have an acute eye for design
- Creative, systematic, self-starter, forward-looking and insightful
- Ability to positively engage with team members
- Capacity to bridge brainstorming and design
- 5 years professional experience in designing applications, community and collaborative platforms
- Good multi-disciplinary culture, drawing inspirations from art to anthropology to science and poetry
- Experience developing real apps (beyond concept apps!) and bonus points for designing digital experiences for kids
- Online or attached portfolios are also a MUST. Applications without a portfolio will be disregarded. Please include a link to your portfolio.
THE PERKS YOU’LL ENJOY AS DIGITAL PRODUCT DESIGNER
- Being part of an awesome team that keeps playful inventing at the heart of all we do
- Sweeping views of the Hudson, a tricked-out office and fully stocked kitchen. We're listed as one of the top 11 office spaces in the US: http://notable.ca/design-love-11-of-the-best-office-spaces-in-the-united-states/
- All the oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, microscopes, microchips, soldering irons, laser cutters, 3D printers, craft supplies and googly eyes you could ever want
- Benefits including medical, dental, vision, commuter checks, FSA, paid family leave and 401(K) with an abbreviated waiting period
- Stock options that go along with a high-growth, well-funded startup
- Flexible working hours and unlimited sick days
- Generous vacation policy