At littleBits, we’re on a mission to democratize hardware by empowering everyone to create inventions, large and small, with our platform of easy-to-use electronic building blocks. And we believe this mission starts with you. When you join the team, you’ll enter a workspace that encourages innovation, creative expression, teamwork and transparency. We also encourage spontaneous sing-a-longs, furry friends, roaming robots, and lots of laughs. If you are genuinely excited about our mission, and about working with a smart, dedicated and talented group of inventors, artists and doers, we want you on our team!
We are looking for an EDUCATION PRODUCT MARKETING LEAD to work closely with engineers and product designers to help set the vision for our education product portfolio and guide product development from conception to launch. From determining segmentation, competitive analysis, core use cases, on-boarding, GTM planning, and core communications, you would play a critical role in the entire product development lifecycle.
WHAT YOU'LL DO AS EDUCATION PRODUCT MARKETING LEAD:
- Help define education product vision, strategy and roadmap(s)
- Take insights and make them actionable in addition to identifying new ways to drive more revenue in different verticals
- Leverage customer data and “voice of customer” to identify and execute opportunities to improve the education experience; be a conduit for the voice of the customer to the product team and company
- Gather requirements and develop educational product specs from cross-functional stakeholders
- Orchestrate the go-to-market plan for our educational products
- Partner with product engineering to develop and/or deliver projects/demos for events
- Partner with marketing, community and sales teams to drive consistent positioning, messaging, branding and strategy
- Identify, track and improve key customer metrics such as retention rates, reorder rates, AOV, share of wallet, etc.
- Drive post-launch marketing programs for sustained education product growth
THE SKILLS/EXPERIENCE YOU'LL NEED AS EDUCATION PRODUCT MARKETING LEAD:
- Experience developing consumer hardware/software products and technologies
- Experience leading product management or product marketing
- Experience leading complex strategic and operational initiatives, working through technical, operational, legal/policy and business issues
- Ability to clearly articulate product requirements and prioritize enhancement requests
- Ability to gather and analyze large quantities of information, and turn them into insightful business and product recommendations
- Experience with press and media
- A BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 4-6 years working in a product marketing capacity (partnered closely with product management and/or engineering to represent market requirements and with sales to support product launches)
- Previous background in B2B or B2C marketing
- Strong quantitative analytical skills and excellent written and oral communication skills
- Comfort in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, start-up environment
- Previous start-up experience preferred.
THE PERKS YOU’LL ENJOY AS EDUCATION PRODUCT MARKETING LEAD:
- Being part of an awesome team that keeps playful inventing at the heart of all we do
- Sweeping views of the Hudson, a tricked-out office and fully stocked kitchen
- All the oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, microscopes, microchips, soldering irons, laser cutters, 3D printers, craft supplies and googly eyes you could ever want
- Benefits including medical, dental, vision, pre-tax commuter discounts, FSA, paid family leave, and 401(K) with an abbreviated waiting period
- Stock options that go along with a high-growth, well-funded startup
- Flexible working hours and unlimited sick days
- Generous vacation policy