JAM creates online courses for kids ages 8 and up. As our producer, you lead the creation of video content designed to inspire kids to learn topics like drawing, animation, inventing, science, and more. The role is equal parts organization, creative, communication, and project management skills.
What you’ll do:
- Develop programming strategy: Work with the leadership team to develop a long-term strategy for content and course development. Own the creation of multiple courses at a time.
- Produce compelling video: Plan and produce engaging and instructive video content. Direct and bring out the best in non-actors on camera. Bring a strong aesthetic sensibility to your work demonstrated via visual art, graphic design, styling, curation etc.
- Drive projects through the entire production lifecycle: Oversee course plans, scripts, pre-production, production, post, launch, and maintenance of all courses. Develop pitches, treatments, budgets and project schedules from the start of a project to the launch of a course.
- Recruit and mentor talent: Hire and manage both in-house and remote editors, animators, on-screen talent and writers to deliver quality content. Negotiate and manage contracts with contributors.
- Collaborate with product, community and executive teams: Do amazing work on time. Give and receive constructive feedback. Proactively communicate status updates.
- Deliver results: Launch courses that meet revenue targets and create videos that kids love watching.
You’ll be an excellent fit if you have:
- A minimum of 5 years experience as a producer
- A track record of owning and launching successful projects
- A bachelor’s degree (advanced degrees are a plus!)
- Proficiency with the Adobe Premiere
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Aptitude for solid pre-production and organization
- Demonstrable history of working successfully with teams in a professional environment
It’d be great if you also have:
- Experience with online learning
- Experience with Adobe AfterEffects
Why you want this job:
- Impact: Content is the cornerstone of our platform, and your role is at the heart of it.
- Variety: You’ll work with a wide range of talent, on a wide range of topics, for a wide range of kids (you will never be bored).
- Mission: Our team is motivated, ambitious, and mission-driven.
If you’re interested in applying please share your:
- Resume or CV
- Reel/work samples
- Cover letter outlining why you’re an excellent fit
This role is full-time and based in San Francisco.
*PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY AT http://jobs.jam.com/