JAM produces online courses for kids about creative skills and careers of the future. We are looking for a thoughtful and extremely talented visual designer to create effective and compelling marketing collateral and user interfaces.
As a marketing designer at JAM you’ll have a large impact by converting our brand and creative direction into memorable email and advertising campaigns, landing pages, and registration flows.
You should be comfortable with autonomy and ownership of large projects. Ideal candidates find it natural to communicate visually, posses an elevated point of view, and are able to take feedback with a positive attitude.
- Interpret business requirements and oversee marketing design projects from concept to completion for on-time delivery.
- Manage stakeholders from marketing, content, community, and product teams to convert insights into solutions that work across company.
- Maintain brand consistency across all marketing initiatives.
- Have a strong point of view and not be afraid to use it.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years experience working as a Marketing or Communication Designer for a consumer-facing company (ideally parent-focused or a subscription model).
- Able to own all aspects of a design process from brainstorm to pixel perfect specs.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills (and can craft fun kid/ parent-friendly copy).
- Portfolio with examples of campaigns you’ve built and launched.
- Solid visual design foundation and an eye for detail.
- Working knowledge of Sketch, Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop, and Figma.
- Ability to clearly articulate design decisions & the problems they are solving.
- Experience designing and developing emails that focus on usability and cross-browser compatibility.
- Able to bring your designs to life (you know enough HTML & CSS to be dangerous).
- You are constantly testing and seeking out tools to improve workflow efficiency.
- Have a data-driven approach to decision making and love a good A/B test.
- A cool temperament and ability to adapt quickly to new processes.
- A collaborative team player.
- Experience with an iterative design process: incorporating feedback, launching quickly, and testing hypotheses.
- Digital illustration skills.
- Experience building websites with a CMS (Wordpress, Instapage, Squarespace).
- Experience making custom animations and gifs.
- Experience participating in and conducting usability studies.
- Experience working at a startup.
PS. Here are the marketing platforms we currently use: Mandrill, Mailchimp, Intercom, Instapage, Bronto.
*PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY AT http://jobs.jam.com/