We design. We build. We code. We think. We craft. We engineer. We teach. We learn. We invent.
At littleBits, we’re on a mission to democratize hardware by empowering everyone to create inventions, large and small, with our platform of easy-to-use electronic building blocks. And we believe this mission starts with you. When you join the team, you’ll enter a workspace that encourages innovation, creative expression, teamwork, and transparency. We also encourage spontaneous sing-a-longs, furry friends, roaming robots, and lots of laughs. If you are genuinely excited about our mission, and about working with a smart, dedicated and talented group of inventors, artists and doers, we want you on our team!
You will be working with a top-notch engineering, design, and product management team - a key player in an organization that breathes innovation.
- Write high-quality code that helps our customers and colleagues achieve our mission
- Contribute to architecture and product definition
- Share knowledge and learn in an agile development process
- Experience in developing and iterating on UX that delights users
- Strong sense of ownership and urgency
- Ability to form collaborative and positive relationships with both technical colleagues and business partners
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to itemize and estimate deliverables, and author technical specs
- Establish priorities and deliver against company goals and metrics
- Experience working with React Native
- Have developed mobile apps in either Swift or Kotlin
- Experience with start-ups and agile software processes
- Delivery-focused entrepreneurial mindset and bias towards action
- Experience with the rest of our stack: Ruby, Node.js, Scala
- Being part of an awesome team that keeps playful inventing at the heart of all we do
- Sweeping views of the Hudson, a tricked-out office and fully stocked kitchen
- All the oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, microscopes, microchips, soldering irons, laser cutters, 3D printers, craft supplies and googly eyes you could ever want
- Benefits including medical, dental, vision, commuter checks, FSA and 401(K) with an abbreviated waiting period
- Stock options that go along with a high-growth, well-funded startup
- Flexible working hours and a generous vacation and sick day policy