We design. We build. We code. We think. We craft. We engineer. We teach. We learn. We invent.
At littleBits, we’re on a mission to democratize hardware by empowering everyone to create inventions, large and small, with our platform of easy-to-use electronic building blocks. And we believe this mission starts with you. When you join the team, you’ll enter a workspace that encourages innovation, creative expression, teamwork and transparency. We also encourage spontaneous sing-a-longs, furry friends, roaming robots, and lots of laughs. If you are genuinely excited about our mission, and about working with a smart, dedicated and talented group of inventors, artists and doers, we want you on our team!
If you share our insatiable drive to make things better, you may be the HARDWARE PRODUCT MANAGER we want on our mission to get the world inventing. We are looking for a dynamic and talented individual to own or more littleBits products for their entire life cycles, from ideation, through development, launch, and continuous improvement. This person will work with the Product Marketing, Product Design, Engineering, Quality, and Manufacturing teams to bring our products to life. This person will report to the Head of Product Management.
WHAT YOU’LL DO AS A HARDWARE PRODUCT MANAGER AT LITTLEBITS:
- Coordinate with the Product Marketing, Product Design and Engineering teams to elicit, document, and manage market and technical Requirements.
- Lead cross-functional Planning exercises to define program and resource plans, and hold teams accountable to them to successfully bring new products to market on time, on budget, and on fit.
- Work directly with Contract Manufacturers to plan and execute New Product Introduction.
- Manage multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously, Prioritizing effectively and managing schedule, cost, and technical trade-offs.
THE SKILLS/EXPERIENCE YOU’LL NEED TO BE A HARDWARE PRODUCT MANAGER AT LITTLEBITS:
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline, or comparable industry experience in a technical role.
- 2+ years Hardware Product Management experience, and a strong understanding of the Hardware Product Development Process.
- A proven track record of taking new hardware products through the entire life-cycle, from ideation to launch to sustaining and end of life.
- Experience using MS Project, Airtable, Jira or similar scheduling and task tracking tools.
- Experience with Arena or similar PLM or PDM software.
- Ability to present technical information and effectively communicate across all levels of the organization
- Possess the energy, passion, and enthusiasm to drive continuous improvement.
- External Focus: understanding customer needs, industry trends, and the competitive landscape in the industry.
- Clear thinker: Simplifying strategy into specific actions with clear accountability, making decisions with speed & accuracy based on best available information and communicating priorities clearly & concisely.
- Excellent time management skills, and the ability to prioritize work and maintain a schedule of deliverables.
- Demonstrated collaboration, negotiation & conflict resolution skills, ability to lead, acknowledge, develop, communicate and implement a strategy to ensure compliance.
- Experience managing consumer products, especially products for children Ages 6+ or 8+
- Experience adapting and applying Agile methods to Hardware Development
- Proficiency with SolidWorks
- Experience with rapid prototyping technologies, including FDM, SLA, SLS, and Polyjet.
- Experience in a variety manufacturing technologies for consumer products other than plastic injection molding.
- Experience working with Tier 1 and/or 2 Chinese Contract Manufacturers.
- Experience with Production Part Approval Process.
THE PERKS YOU'LL ENJOY:
- Being part of an awesome team that keeps playful inventing at the heart of all we do
- Sweeping views of the Hudson, a tricked-out office and fully stocked kitchen
- All the oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, microscopes, microchips, soldering irons, laser cutters, 3D printers, craft supplies and googly eyes you could ever want
- Benefits including medical, dental, vision, commuter checks, FSA and 401(K) with an abbreviated waiting period
- Stock options that go along with a high-growth, well-funded startup
- Flexible working hours and sick day policy
- Generous vacation policy