Our mission is to make payments safer and easier for everyone. We started with a consumer product (privacy.com) that helps people spend more safely using virtual payment cards. Then we launched a simple, modern API to make our payment and card issuing infrastructure available to other startups, fintechs, and brands. Today, that infrastructure is known as Lithic, and it powers billions of dollars in payments for some of the most innovative companies in the world.
Lithic is a remote-first company and has a distributed team with an office in New York. That means that if you want to work remotely, you can! If you want to drop by the office or work fully in-person, you can do that, too! We’ve raised $100M+ from top-tier investors including Index, Bessemer, Stripes, and Tusk Venture Partners, with a recent Series C that will help us scale.
We’re hiring a Senior Backend Engineer for our full-stack Privacy.com team to help build and scale the next generation of the product. You'll have the chance to work on a multitude of interesting challenges related to payment systems, card management, fraud detection, system architecture, infrastructure scaling, developer experience, and new product development. We are a small team and you will have a key role in rebuilding some of our foundational systems. Our stack includes C++, Rust, Python, MongoDB, Postgres, and AWS. On the frontend, we’re using Vue.js, React Native, Typescript, and Node.
Lithic has raised $100M+ from top-tier investors including Index, Bessemer, Stripes, and Tusk Venture Partners, with a recent Series C that will help us scale. Read more about us here. We’re growing quickly and would love to have you join us.
- Architect and build core business functions in a service-oriented architecture
- Design and build scalable and highly available services to extend the Lithic API for Privacy.com
- Build and scale our AWS infrastructure and deployment processes
- Create automated tools that enable our support team to serve customers more efficiently
- Mentor other engineers through thoughtful code reviews, pairing, and other methods.
- Work collaboratively with product managers, designers, and other engineers
- Raise the bar on best practices and improve the codebase to help us keep scaling as a business and as a team while maintaining a high bar of code quality.
- Design the systems underlying the building blocks we and our customers use to create the future of programmable money.
- Participate in the team on-call rotation.
- Demonstrated years of experience shipping code in a SaaS B2B or B2C production environment
- Proficiency in at least one language - we care much more about general engineering skill than knowledge of a particular language or framework
- Strong distributed system instincts and design skills
- Experience building applications for scalability
- Technical leadership skills and a proven commitment to empathy and inclusion
- Excellent communication skills
- Growth mindset and continuous desire to learn and improve
- An interest in fintech and the payments space
Base salary range for US Candidates: $145,000 - $195,000
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- 401(k) match
- Fully covered membership to One Medical (dependent on location)
- 1-year membership to Talkspace
- Classpass credit