Our mission is to make payments safer and easier for everyone. We started with a consumer product (privacy.com) that helps people spend more safely using virtual payment cards. Then we launched a simple, modern API to make our payment and card issuing infrastructure available to other startups, fintechs, and brands. Today, that infrastructure is known as Lithic, and it powers billions of dollars in payments for some of the most innovative companies in the world.
Lithic is a remote-first company and has a distributed team with an office in New York. That means that if you want to work remotely, you can! If you want to drop by the office or work fully in-person, you can do that, too! We’ve raised $100M+ from top-tier investors including Index, Bessemer, Stripes, and Tusk Venture Partners, with a recent Series C that will help us scale.
Lithic is hiring a Chief of Staff to support our CEO. The Chief of Staff will be responsible for executing on projects that improve how we operate; overseeing our annual and quarterly planning process; and leading strategic initiatives. The Chief of Staff will own the numerous critical projects that need a leader as we grow and will work closely not only with our co-founder and CEO but also with the broader Lithic leadership team. Specific responsibilities include:
- Strategic planning: Oversee and coordinate our annual and quarterly planning process. Work with all members of the leadership team to set, align and track company-wide OKRs. Help define our near term and longer term strategic vision and how that roadmap translates into tactical initiatives.
- Cross-functional project management: Execute on strategic projects and implement new processes that directly impact our ability to scale rapidly. Drive short sprints to solve critical issues that arise or step in to incubate new functions or businesses that don’t fall neatly into one specific function. Generate ideas for new solutions and operating model changes based on regular discussions with customers and internal Lithic stakeholders.
- Leadership operating cadence: Run our weekly leadership team meetings. Help organize and prioritize the founders' responsibilities. Serve as a sounding board and “sparring partner” for the CEO on topics related to strategy, operating improvement, organizational expansion, and growth opportunities.
- Investor relations: Work with our CFO to draft presentations, investor updates, and internal communications regarding our financial performance. Lead preparation for quarterly board meetings and partner with the Finance team to support future funding rounds.
- Communication: In conjunction with the CEO and Marketing/People teams, ensure communications are shared internally at the right cadence, scope, and level. Help draft company-wide newsletters and leadership team updates.
- Demonstrated experience managing cross-functional projects through completion, preferably within a fast-paced start-up, technology, consulting, or private equity environment.
- A demonstrated history of being a team player with a low ego – a lot of the jobs to be done will fall in the category of "somebody has to do it and I'm somebody."
- Ability to manage ambiguity well by dissecting problems, seeking information, identifying solutions, corralling resources, and delivering results with a high degree of autonomy.
- A growth mindset with a results-driven approach to work and project management (testing, measuring, iterating).
- Superior communication skills – ability to clearly and transparently communicate goals and results at a team, executive, and company level. Strong writing, communication, and presentation skills are a must.
- Someone comfortable with context and mode switching – the Chief of Staff will take on a wide variety of functional tasks in a given week / month and must be able to work on a customer segmentation analysis in the morning before hopping into an investor meeting in the afternoon.
- A strong understanding of the fintech landscape and experience with data analysis and budget management is a plus.
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- 401(k) match
- Fully covered membership to One Medical (dependent on location)
- 1-year membership to Talkspace
- Classpass credit