Our mission is to make payments safer and easier for everyone. We started with a consumer product (privacy.com) that helps people spend more safely using virtual payment cards. Then we launched a simple, modern API to make our payment and card issuing infrastructure available to other startups, fintechs, and brands. Today, that infrastructure is known as Lithic, and it powers billions of dollars in payments for some of the most innovative companies in the world.
Lithic is a remote-first company and has a distributed team with an office in New York. That means that if you want to work remotely, you can! If you want to drop by the office or work fully in-person, you can do that, too! We’ve raised $100M+ from top-tier investors including Index, Bessemer, Stripes, and Tusk Venture Partners, with a recent Series C that will help us scale.
We are hiring a Staff Engineer for our Privacy.com team to help define the technical direction and provide technical leadership as we build the next generation of the Privacy web and mobile apps. You'll have a chance to work on a multitude of interesting challenges related to payment systems, card management, fraud detection, digital wallet cards, scaling application infrastructure, improving the developer experience, and more. Privacy is already hugely successful, but it has an even greater untapped potential. This is an exciting opportunity to get in early and have a key role in shaping the future of the product as we are doubling down on our commitment to drive exponential growth. Our tech stack includes Typescript, Vue, Node/Express, React Native, Postgres, MongoDB, Docker, Jest, Cypress.
Read more about Lithic here. We’re growing quickly and would love to have you join us.
- Design and implement scalable solutions in our web and mobile apps, and browser extensions
- Ensure that the team is delivering reliable, secure, and scalable code with minimal tech debt
- Own initiatives from planning to launch, keeping stakeholders informed and aligned along the way
- Lead efforts to improve systems and processes both within the team and across engineering
- Help drive strategic planning in collaboration with the engineering manager and product manager
- Mentor, sponsor, and empower team members to help them grow
- Participate in the team on-call rotation
- You’ll be doing as much technical leadership as you will be writing code.
- 10+ years of experience developing full-stack web applications in a SaaS B2B or B2C environment
- Advanced knowledge of frontend frameworks and a keen visual aesthetic
- Advanced knowledge of server-side applications, infrastructure, and developer tooling
- Experience building systems for reliability and scalability
- Experience working with distributed systems and microservices
- Technical leadership skills and a proven commitment to empathy and inclusion
- Excellent communication skills
- Growth mindset and continuous desire to learn and improve
- An interest in fintech and the payments space
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- 401(k) match
- Fully covered membership to One Medical (dependent on location)
- 1-year membership to Talkspace
- Classpass credit