Something Big Is Coming... Are you ready to do more than ever thought possible? Join us and change how the world streams. LiquidSky’s proprietary algorithm gives users the ability to interact with streamed games and media as if they are on a local device. The challenge is more than building an interactive platform or app — it’s creating something where people feel a real connection.
It’s a mission that takes some serious smarts, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team who makes play possible.
HARDWARE DESIGN MANAGER
We are looking to bring on a Hardware Design Manager that can help us define the architectural needs of the business as we scale our platform to the fullest!
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Define architecture and create specifications for reliable, scalable semi-custom and off the shelf datacenter equipment.
- Continually review vendor roadmaps staying informed on changes in the industry while providing influence to LiquidSky interests.
- Work with vendors to develop commodity base datacenter hardware build around LiquidSky requirements.
- Develop selection criteria and play a key role in selecting commodity hardware manufacturers.
- Evaluation and qualification of server hardware and components.
- Evaluate and qualify system firmware and BIOS; triage hardware/software issues.
- Engage internal development teams to ensure that application compatibility and performance meet expectations.
- Lead pilot programs to bring new GPU hardware concepts to reality.
- Lead vendor quality programs including First Article Inspections, random site audits, and root cause activities.
Everyone here is an innovator, or an innovator-to-be. That’s how we create the kinds of products and experiences that few ever imagine.
Overall our culture boasts innovative, quick thinkers that boast previous knowledge and applying it to our domain. You will do well if you’re a risk taker, a dreamer that delivers, you have and can implement big ideas with a positive attitude. You pride yourself on being the first of your friends and colleagues to know what’s happening in the world and staying “in the know.” You have a passion for Software engineering. Maybe you love gaming too!
You value being a part of a dynamic team and share skills in these areas:
- 7-10 years of direct experience in a technical engineering role focusing specifically around compute or GPU hardware.
- Able to independently decompose, design, and execute implementation projects delivered with testing and documentation.
- Knowledge of both ODM and OEM design principles and processes.
- Experience with at least 3 system vendors.
- Deep understanding of storage subsystems including NVMe, SAS, SATA, etc.
- Knowledge in open source operating systems, hypervisors, and orchestration frameworks.
- Experience with L11 integration documentation.
- Knowledge in management platforms and tools; console servers, IPMI, SSH, TFTP, PXE.
- Working knowledge of hardware provisioning platforms.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A fun work environment where you will collaborate with a smart and talented team of designers, engineers and business associates who care most about getting things done
- A robust compensation and benefits package, including unlimited time off!
We’re looking forward to meeting you!
In our future, all content will become gamified, interactive, and tailored to each unique viewer. The song you listen to, or the video you watch will be different when you watch it vs. someone else, and you will be encouraged to interact with it instead of just sitting back and watching/listening. We aim to unleash the future of content, making high-end interactive experience available on any low-end device.
Be who you are… We like it that way! LiquidSky embraces and celebrates diversity in all its forms.