Something Big Is Coming... Are you ready to do more than ever thought possible? Join us and change how the world streams. LiquidSky’s proprietary algorithm gives users the ability to interact with streamed games and media as if they are on a local device. The challenge is more than building an interactive platform or app — it’s creating something where people feel a real connection.
It’s a mission that takes some serious smarts, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team who makes play possible.
SENIOR MANAGER, NETWORK ENGINEERING / ARCHITECTURE
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Lead the CDN and Backbone teams in engineering backbone, access methodology, internet connectivity and the associated firewall/security infrastructure to support the services provided by LiquidSky.
- Responsible for representing this team and their responsibilities to the rest of the business units while managing the resource funnel.
- Leverages strong problem-solving skills with a primary focus on ensuring the right architectures and designs are deployed within the LiquidSky infrastructure to support our customers.
- Ensures that any lessons learned from these systemic issues are addressed through improved testing, re-designs, education and training.
- This position will be deeply involved in various aspects of the business planning activities which include preparation of capital and operating budgets, vendor management/liaison and representation at high level project and resource planning meetings.
Everyone here is an innovator, or an innovator-to-be. That’s how we create the kinds of products and experiences that few ever imagine.
You’re a risk taker, a dreamer that delivers, you have and can implement big ideas with a positive attitude. You pride yourself on being the first of your friends and colleagues to know what’s happening in the world and staying “in the know.” You have a passion for software engineering. Maybe you love gaming too!
You value being a part of a dynamic team and share skills in these areas:
- B.S. (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Management Information System or Electrical Engineering.
- 5 to 10 years of engineering experience in network engineering.
- Certifications in various network technologies is a plus.
- Thorough understanding of Networking, including Routers, Switches, and Firewalls.
- Strong familiarity of BGP, OSPF and other router and networking protocols.
- Prior experience in leading a diverse geographically separated team is a plus.
- Must be able to perform basic mathematical functions/calculations.
- Demonstrated leadership skills in managing an organization of this size, including human resource activities as well as resource and project prioritization/management.
- Prior work experience managing the architecture and engineering of CDN and Core networks.
- Prior experience / certifications in various networking technologies which provide demonstrated in-depth technical knowledge in routing, switching and security.
- Strong communications skills with the demonstrated ability to interface with senior executives within and outside of the company.
- Experience in the creation and maintenance of both departmental budgets as well as project-oriented capital and operating budgets.
- Strong problem management skills reflecting the ability to quickly understand the issue and apply the right resources to the problem while ensuring focus on timely resolution.
- Demonstration of discipline in creating documentation and operational procedures for scalable services which can be effectively transitioned to an operations team.
- Must have excellent management, organizational and interpersonal skills balanced with very strong technical skills.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A fun work environment where you will collaborate with a smart and talented team of designers, engineers and business associates who care most about getting things done
- A robust compensation and benefits package, including flexPTO!
In our future, all content will become gamified, interactive, and tailored to each unique viewer. The song you listen to, or the video you watch will be different when you watch it vs. someone else, and you will be encouraged to interact with it instead of just sitting back and watching/listening. We aim to unleash the future of content, making high-end interactive experience available on any low-end device.
Be who you are… It's better that way! LiquidSky embraces and celebrates diversity in all its forms.
We’re looking forward to meeting you!