Liquid Instruments makes technology for students, engineers, and scientists to enable them to learn, create, and discover. Founded by a team of scientists at the Australian National University and NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory, our team developed ultra-sensitive instrumentation for measuring gravitational waves and has deep expertise in high-speed digital signal processing. We used the technology to create a new breed of software-defined instrumentation for test and measurement that enables users to acquire data, generate signals and control their experiments. Our platforms combine the processing power and reconfigurability of FPGAs with intuitive user interfaces, delivering a breakthrough combination of versatility, performance, and cost. Liquid Instruments has just secured a large Series B funding round to support its commercial growth.
Liquid Instruments is based in Canberra, Australia and Solana Beach (San Diego), California, where we have grown from an idea to a 50-person team. We are growing our Sales & Marketing team and are looking for a Marketing Communications Manager who is familiar with B2B tech companies. The ideal candidate will have areas of expertise that they will bring to the table as well as a willingness to learn and grow into this dynamic role.
In this role, you will work on a variety of marketing projects in close collaboration with Product Management, R&D, Marketing and Sales stakeholders. You will develop and maintain the brand integrity of Liquid Instruments. You will play a critical role in the development of goals, strategies, and implementation to drive consistent messaging and efficiently leverage content across channels as we grow.
The role will report to the Senior Director of Marketing, North America and is based out of our Solana Beach office (remote options will be considered).
What you’d be working on:
- Develop marketing communication strategies that drive desired business results. Oversee initiatives from ideation to launch, including design.
- Bring storytelling and messaging expertise to deliver exceptional content in many forms, including marketing collateral, presentations, press releases, by-lined articles, campaign copy, website pages, etc.
- Increase brand awareness and brand familiarity, increasing brand strength around marketing content.
- Define asset types, manage content and its distribution; coordinate, prioritize and drive content creation process.
- Execute on content layout, editing, and design, working with subject matter experts as needed for technical content.
- Support new product introductions with launch planning, content coordination, etc. in partnership with cross-functional team.
- Collaborate with indirect Sales channel partners by leveraging content into formats that support their selling process, including facilitating content localization.
- Effectively collaborate with public relations firms, trade media, and external vendors as needed.
- Work with key stakeholders to develop points of view and pitches that will resonate with media and other external audiences.
- Manage organic Social Media strategy and regular content creation.
- Support internal communication activities as needed.
- Provide input on appropriate marketing campaigns including messaging, positioning, value proposition, trends, implications, opportunities.
- Assist with event and conference planning, including booth design, messaging, digital and print materials.
- Continually improve performance of programs with defined KPIs, thoughtful analysis, and data-driven approach.
- Work across teams, including company leadership, engineers, and marketing teams to ensure initiatives meet desired goals, and are delivered on time.
- 3-5 years of hands-on experience in marketing with a track record of leading programs and campaigns that deliver results across channels. Preference given to candidates who have demonstrated success in technical B2B industries.
- Highly effective project management, prioritization, and time management skills
- Ability to work effectively both on teams as well as be self-motivated, task oriented, and organized.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Familiarity with tools like Dropbox, Adobe Suite, Asana, Figma, Hubspot.
- Must have hands-on experience pitching and amplifying content across channels, including social
- Excellent understanding and familiarity with brand building and brand management
- Demonstrated proficiency in internet marketing techniques, technologies, and solutions
What we can offer you in compensation:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive medical and dental insurance, with 100% premiums paid for employees
- Equity position in Liquid Instruments
- 401k plan with company match
- Four weeks paid vacation, sick time, and holidays
- Laptop for work use
- Experience in a venture backed startup