Technical Marketing Engineer
Liquid Instruments makes technology for students, engineers, and scientists to enable them to learn, create, and discover. Founded by a team of scientists at the Australian National University and NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory, our team developed ultra-sensitive instrumentation for measuring gravitational waves and has deep expertise in high-speed digital signal processing. We used the technology to create a new breed of software-defined instrumentation for test and measurement that enables users to acquire data, generate signals and control their experiments. Our platforms combine the processing power and reconfigurability of FPGAs with intuitive user interfaces, delivering a breakthrough combination of versatility, performance, and cost. Liquid Instruments has just secured a large Series B funding round to support its commercial growth.
Liquid Instruments is based in Canberra, Australia and Solana Beach (San Diego), California, where we have grown from an idea to a 50-person team. We are growing our Sales & Marketing team and are looking for a Technical Marketing Engineer who is familiar with Test & Measurement instrumentation and users. The ideal candidate will have areas of expertise that they will bring to the table as well as a willingness to learn and grow into this dynamic role.
In this role, you will work on a variety of technical marketing projects in close collaboration with Product Management, R&D, Marketing and Sales stakeholders. Projects include, but are not limited to, content development, market and technology research, business analyses, sales enablement, and customer engagements. You will define and develop effective messaging, product positioning, and differentiated value propositions that highlight our unique solutions and resonate with target customers. You will bring a deep understanding of customer needs and create highly relevant content that builds credibility and addresses their technical challenges. You will contribute to go-to-market activities for new product introductions through both marketing campaigns and sales enablement.
The role will report to the Senior Director of Marketing and is based out of our Solana Beach office (remote options will be considered).
What you’d be working on:
- Develops a variety of product and industry-focused content such as technical articles, whitepapers, blog posts, videos, webinars, product, and industry web pages, etc.
- Develops and contributes to messaging briefs, buyer personas, competitive positioning, and other source documents
- Maintains working knowledge of capabilities, roadmaps, and release schedules for assigned products
- Collaborates with appropriate stakeholders to define and develop differentiated solutions that address our target customers’ business challenges
- Develops market insights via market and industry research, product revenue and unit analyses, win/loss analyses
- Documents and shares input from market research, sales feedback, and customer interactions with Product Management and R&D to support the development of high-quality solutions and products
- Provides inputs on appropriate marketing campaigns including messaging, positioning, value proposition, trends, implications, opportunities
- Participates in product lifecycle and strategy development
- Provides Sales training and tools to ensure that they are equipped to effectively identify, develop, and close deals
- A bachelor's degree in Engineering (EE preferred) and 5 years of professional work experience in a technical field.
- Proven ability in a B2B technical marketing or customer-facing role, with a strong sense of ownership/bias for action to deliver results
- Experience with common test and measurement equipment such as oscilloscope, spectrum analyzer, waveform generator, etc.
- A solid understanding of test & measurement markets, players, and applications
- Marketing, research, and content creation skills
- Ability to facilitate, manage and lead cross functional teams to drive alignment and execution
- Must be a flexible and creative individual capable of leading and managing multiple priorities and projects in a fast paced, often ambiguous, and diverse environment
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimum supervision
- Structured thinker and excellent analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
What we can offer you in compensation:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive medical and dental insurance, with 100% premiums paid for employees
- Equity position in Liquid Instruments
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Four weeks paid vacation, sick time, and holidays
- Laptop for work use
- Experience in a venture-backed startup