Liquid Instruments makes a new breed of test & measurement equipment that enables scientists, engineers, and students to acquire data, generate signals and control their experiments. Liquid Instruments was founded by a team of scientists that worked together on high-speed digital signal processing at the Australian National University and NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory and built ultra-sensitive instrumentation for measuring gravitational waves. They’ve used the technology to create their first product, Moku:Lab, that integrates 12 instruments including an oscilloscope, spectrum analyzer, waveform generator, etc. into a single device using an FPGA-based software-reconfigurable platform.
Liquid Instruments is based in Canberra, Australia and San Diego, California, where we have grown from an idea to a 40-person team. We are continuing to grow our sales team and are looking for start-up minded individuals who are familiar with our space. Our Account Manager will work within the Sales team to establish, grow, and maintain partnership opportunities within test and measurement for research, industry, and education space. The Account Manager will also perform a wide variety of client facing and administrative tasks.
The role will report directly to our Sr. Account Manager and is based out of our San Diego office (with an option to be based remotely).
What you’d be working on:
- Build long-term relationships with clients from onboarding to advising them throughout their customer lifecycle.
- Own an expansion quota for our current customer base targeted within the test and measurement for research, industry, and education space.
- Work directly with our Sales Development Representatives to help sign new clients
- Confidently present our full product suite to existing customers to own upsell and cross-sell.
- Identify opportunities to expand revenue from current customers through understanding long-term strategic business goals.
- Maintain constant contact with clients, ensuring that accounts are in good standing and customers are updated on product offerings.
- Work closely with Marketing & Support teams to lead on touch points with customers during the year.
- Contribute to the Account Manager Playbook to iterate and create the process for account growth.
- Update and maintain our CRM database to track sales activities.
- Act as first point of contact for client problems, triage and marshal assistance from engineering team as needed.
- Occasional travel may be required (less than 10%).
- 3+ years working in an Account Manager role, and/or on a sales team.
- STEM degree and/or experience working for a technical company or startup.
- Experience working effectively with cross-functional teams and all levels of management (internally and externally).
- Proven track record of achieving sales goals within an existing customer base at the small business, mid-market or enterprise level.
- Ability to independently manage a high number of accounts/opportunities (30+) while maintaining focus on goals.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- A focus on building strategic relationships with customers.
- Experience in collaborating across time zones and the ability to work remotely. This will not mean longer working hours but may occasionally require you to work odd hours. A willingness to travel to Australia occasionally for training and team bonding is a plus.
- Experience with building – we frequently modify and evolve our processes and we’re looking for people who are adaptable and can contribute through their accumulated wisdom.
- Experience with a Sales CRM: HubSpot, Salesforce, etc.
What we can offer you in compensation:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive medical and dental insurance, with 100% premiums paid for employees
- Equity position in Liquid Instruments
- 401k plan with company match
- Four weeks paid vacation, sick time, and holidays
- Laptop for work use
- Experience in a venture backed startup
How to apply and recruiting process information:
We don’t want a typical “cover letter” template, instead we would like a personal note telling us a bit about you and why this opportunity is interesting to you, in addition to your résumé.