Liquid Instruments makes technology for students, engineers, and scientists to enable them to learn, create, and discover. Founded by a team of scientists at the Australian National University and NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory, our team developed ultra-sensitive instrumentation for measuring gravitational waves and has deep expertise in high-speed digital signal processing. We used the technology to create a new breed of software-defined instrumentation for test and measurement that enables users to acquire data, generate signals and control their experiments. Our platforms combine the processing power and reconfigurability of an FPGA with intuitive user interfaces, delivering a breakthrough combination of versatility, performance, and cost.
Liquid Instruments is based in Canberra, Australia and San Diego, California, where we have grown from an idea to a 50-person team. We are continuing to grow our sales team and are looking for start-up minded individuals who are familiar with our space. Our Account Managers will work within the Sales team to establish, grow, and maintain sales and partnership opportunities for research, commercial, industrial, and education applications. The Account Manager will also perform a wide variety of client facing and administrative tasks.
The role will report to the Director of Sales, North America and is based out of our San Diego office (remote options will be considered).
What you’d be working on:
- Build long-term relationships with clients from onboarding to advising them throughout their customer lifecycle.
- Own an expansion quota for our current customer base targeted within the test and measurement for research, industry, and education space.
- Work with our Sales Development Representatives to help sign new clients
- Confidently present our full product suite to existing customers to own upsell and cross-sell.
- Identify opportunities to expand revenue from current customers through understanding long-term strategic business goals.
- Maintain constant contact with clients, ensuring that accounts are in good standing and customers are updated on product offerings.
- Work closely with Marketing & Support teams to lead on touch points with customers during the year.
- Contribute to the Account Manager Playbook to iterate and create the process for account growth.
- Update and maintain our CRM database to track sales activities.
- Act as first point of contact for client problems, triage and marshal assistance from engineering team as needed.
- Occasional travel may be required (less than 10%).
- 3+ years working in an Account Manager or related role, and/or on a sales team.
- STEM degree and/or experience working for a technical company or startup.
- Experience working effectively with cross-functional teams and all levels of management (internally and externally).
- Experience managing channel partners or manufacturers reps is a plus.
- Proven track record of achieving sales goals within an existing customer base at the small business, mid-market or enterprise level.
- Ability to independently manage a high number of accounts/opportunities (30+) while maintaining focus on goals.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- A focus on building strategic relationships with customers.
- Experience in collaborating across time zones and the ability to work remotely. This will not mean longer working hours but may occasionally require you to work odd hours. A willingness to travel to Australia occasionally for training and team bonding is a plus.
- Experience with building – we frequently modify and evolve our processes and we’re looking for people who are adaptable and can contribute through their accumulated wisdom.
- Experience with a Sales CRM: HubSpot, Salesforce, etc.
What we can offer you in compensation:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive medical and dental insurance, with 100% premiums paid for employees
- Equity position in Liquid Instruments
- 401k plan with company match
- Four weeks paid vacation, sick time, and holidays
- Laptop for work use
- Experience in a venture backed startup