Liquid Instruments makes a new breed of test & measurement equipment that enables scientists, engineers and students to acquire data, generate signals and control their experiments. Liquid Instruments was founded by a team of scientists that worked together on high-speed digital signal processing at the Australian National University and NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory and built ultra-sensitive instrumentation for measuring gravitational waves. They’ve used the technology to create their first product, Moku:Lab, that integrates 12 instruments including an oscilloscope, spectrum analyzer, waveform generator, etc. into a single device using an FPGA-based software-reconfigurable platform.
Liquid Instruments is based in Canberra, Australia and San Diego, California, where we have grown from an idea to a 40-person team. We are continuing to grow our sales team in California and are looking for start-up minded individuals who are familiar with our space. Our Sales Development Representatives will work to drive product awareness and grow our pipeline via demand generation.
What you’d be working on:
- Responsible for lead generation and qualification on behalf of our sales team.
- Hold intelligent and engaging conversations with prospects over the phone and email.
- Lead the researching and identification of new customers and their businesses.
- Engage current users to expand awareness, educate, ask for referrals, identify new opportunities and develop account/application intelligence.
- Assist and potentially lead on creation of sales collateral (creation, maintenance, edits).
- Support sales team in prepping for sales calls, customizing presentations and assisting with post sales call follow-up materials.
- Assist with trade shows and events. Research and vet potential opportunities. Manage the details including set up and logistics, and outreach to attendees on behalf of our sales team.
- Diligently use our CRM to capture sales efforts and institutional knowledge.
- 1+ years working in a Sales Development Representative role, and/or on a sales team. Other relevant experience will be considered.
- STEM degree and/or experience working for a technical company.
- Promotes a strong sense of urgency for reaching goals and key deliverables. Acts without being told what to do. Brings new ideas to the company.
- Experience in collaborating across time zones and the ability to work remotely. This will not mean longer working hours but may occasionally require you to work odd hours. A willingness to travel to Australia occasionally for training and team bonding is a plus.
- Experience with building - we frequently modify and evolve our processes and we’re looking for people who are adaptable and can contribute through their accumulated wisdom.
- Experience with a Sales CRM: HubSpot, Salesforce, etc.
What we can offer you in compensation:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive medical and dental insurance, with 100% premiums paid for employees
- Equity position in Liquid Instruments
- 401k plan with company match
- Four weeks paid vacation, sick time, and holidays
- Laptop for work use
- Experience in a venture backed startup
How to apply and recruiting process information:
We don’t want a typical “cover letter” template, instead we would like a personal note telling us a bit about you and why this opportunity is interesting to you, in addition to your résumé.