Liquid Instruments makes a new breed of test & measurement equipment that enables scientists, engineers and students to acquire data, generate signals and control their experiments. Liquid Instruments was founded by a team of scientists that worked together on high-speed digital signal processing at the Australian National Univeristy and NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory and built ultra-sensitive instrumentation for measuring gravitational waves. They’ve used the technology to create their first product, Moku:Lab, that integrates 12 instruments including an oscilloscope, spectrum analyzer, waveform generator, etc. into a single device using an FPGA-based software-reconfigurable platform.
Liquid Instruments is based in Canberra, Australia, where we have grown from an idea to a 15-person team, housed at the Australian National University. We’ve recently taken on significant investment to grow our vision, and a first priority is to establish our presence in the United States.
We are first looking to build out a sales and marketing team in California and we're looking for start-up minded individuals who are familiar with our space. Our first Marketing Director will support the Sales and Engineering teams in campaign planning, execution, and evaluation of our marketing efforts. You’ll manage campaign life cycles from strategy development through to reporting on outcomes, and lead our efforts to structure successful, repeatable, and unique marketing programs.
What you’d be working on:
- Learn our product, learn our sales targets, and bridge that gap by developing smart and specific marketing efforts.
- Own the execution of our marketing campaigns - you’ll be responsible for making them happen, capturing metrics on effectiveness, and recommending adjustments to strategy moving forward.
- Work with our leadership team to determine where and how to best spend our marketing resources, making recommendations based on your experience and research.
- Build and maintain a marketing database capturing information gathered during marketing campaigns.
- Maximize the use of existing and affordable marketing technology, e.g. social media.
- Build an email marketing program based for both ad hoc sends and ongoing nurture messages.
- Work with our Operations Manager to coordinate Liquid Instruments exhibitions at trade shows and conferences.
- 5+ years of working experience in marketing, preferred if selling technical products in a B2B setting.
- STEM degree preferred, especially electrical engineering or physics.
- Experience in collaborating across time zones. This will not mean longer working hours but may occasionally require you to work odd hours. A willingness to travel to Australia occasionally for training and team bonding is a plus.
- Experience with building - we don’t have established processes and we’re looking for people who have seen the road ahead and can help us avoid pitfalls through their accumulated wisdom.
- Experience with Hubspot is an advantage.
What we can offer you in compensation:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive medical and dental insurance, with 100% premiums paid for employees
- Equity position in Liquid Instruments
- Four weeks paid vacation, sick time, and holidays
- Laptop for work use
- Experience in a venture backed startup
How to Apply and recruiting process information:
We don’t want a “cover letter” but we would like a note telling us a bit about you and why this opportunity is interesting to you, in addition to your resume. We encourage you to apply if Liquid Instruments piques your interest but you don’t have all of the relevant experience. We’re open to surprises.
We run an efficient recruiting process and we would love to have someone in this role by 2/15/2019. We plan to take initial phone calls with the folks whose applications are interesting to us, and then to schedule longer calls with our co-founders Danielle Wuchenich, based in San Francisco, CA, and Daniel Shaddock, based in Australia. Lastly, we’ll invite a maximum of two candidates to meet with Danielle in SF for an in-person interview.