Are you interested in the latest and greatest technologies that end users and businesses are using or looking to use in the cloud? If so, this is a rare opportunity to be part of a winning team to deliver on these and provide value to these customers. Linode’s project managers are responsible for the successful deployment of many major customer facing initiatives and products. The tools and technologies that we are working with are cutting edge and require a passionate PM to learn about them and move them forward to production.
We are currently looking for an experienced Project Manager responsible for the coordination, status reporting and execution of critical projects at Linode. Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and adaptable to rotation between product development, operations, and marketing, as well as cross-functional projects. This is a highly visible position that will interact at every level internally to facilitate completion and delivery of projects.
The must haves:
- Prior hands-on knowledge in the use of Project Management methodologies and tools including both Waterfall and Scrum/Agile in both software and infrastructure contexts
- Balanced business/technical background: sufficient level of technical background to provide highly-credible leadership to technical teams and to be able to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks and issues
- Knowledge of project organization and management including monitoring time and impediments for tasks performed
- Ability to exercise resourcefulness in addressing new problems
- Experience preparing, implementing, monitoring, and updating the project plan
- Coordinating with business owner and stakeholders to ensure actions are consistent with the approved plan
- Successful track record of stakeholder management
- Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands
- PMP, PMP-ACP, or CSM certification
- Bachelor’s degree
- This position is required to be the ultimate team player - significant flexibility, including the ability to embrace change, is desired
- Experience with Atlassian’s toolset - Jira, Confluence, etc.
- Experience with/exposure to virtual private servers (cloud computing, SaaS, etc.)
- An inquisitive nature and desire to learn more about what Linode’s customers are looking for with our products and services
- Ability to think creatively and be driven by opportunities to continually improve
Work With Us
- Philadelphia office: we’ll be moving our HQ to one of the coolest tech buildings in Philly in Q1 2018; join us on N3RD street! (https://www.linode.com/press/linode-buys-real-world-bank-for-phila-office)
- Flexible work hours: We have flexible start times and a very generous paid time off package!
- Unbelievable benefits: We provide comprehensive health/dental insurance, 401(k) contributions, a profit- sharing program, and pension plans!
- Monthly wellness reimbursements: up to $100 towards gym memberships, diet plans, massages, etcetera
- A Macbook Pro: to use around the office and at home
- Free hosting service: Take advantage of some Linode service - we’ll pick up the tab!
- Linode Lunch: What goes better with technology than food? Nothing. We’ll bring in a catered lunch every week.
- Competitive salary: It all begins with fair compensation. We believe in paying people well and rewarding those who go the extra mile.
Founded in 2003, Linode is a leading cloud hosting provider with 400,000 customers worldwide served out of eight global datacenters. Linode invests heavily in its people and has set the bar for excellence in the cloud hosting industry. Our customer service, development, ops, hardware, marketing, and documentation teams are all part of making Linode the most simple, powerful and reliable hosting provider. This industry moves fast, but we’re committed to hiring the kind of people who can stay a step ahead and keep us - and themselves - at the top.