Linode is currently seeking an IT technician to support Linode’s internal infrastructure and systems. You will focus on Linode’s own office network and equipment along with administration of our servers, backups, and IP phone system.
You will be a proactive troubleshooter and someone who is able to identify needs before they become problems. Impeccable communication skills along with the technical skills to do the job are a must. You will be passionate about IT, quick to grasp new concepts and have a strong desire to help others. In addition, you will thrive in a high-energy environment where you must solve problems and perform work that is routinely done with minimal direct supervision.
This position will report to Linode’s Datacenter Operations Manager. The position is 40 hours per week and may require travel among our Philadelphia PA, Haddonfield NJ, and Galloway NJ offices.
- Continuously monitor and maintain Linode's internal office network
- Administration of internal servers, backups, and IP phone system
- Responsible for the procurement process for computers, software, and related office equipment
- Deploy equipment to new employees and fulfill upgrade requests for existing employees
- Diagnose and repair office equipment, work with vendors or manufacturers for warranty claims
- Manage Linode’s internal assets and maintain inventory logs
- Fulfill internal help desk support requests for all Linode employees
- Facilitate training and employee onboarding for new members of the Linode team
- Document IT policies and procedures
- Assist in security policy creation and implementation
- BA/BS in computer science or equivalent field preferred
- Expertise with administration of OS X Server strongly preferred
- Experience in an IT help desk environment, or similar a plus
- Strong understanding of computer hardware and components
- Professional communication, documentation, and interpersonal skills
- Position is based out of Haddonfield, NJ, transitioning to Philadelphia in Q1 2018
- Must be willing to travel to our Galloway, NJ and Philadelphia, PA offices
Work With Us
- Philadelphia office: we’ll be moving our HQ to one of the coolest tech buildings in Philly in Q1 2018; join us on N3RD street! (https://www.linode.com/press/linode-buys-real-world-bank-for-phila-office)
- Flexible work hours: We have flexible start times and a very generous paid time off package.
- Unbelievable benefits: We provide comprehensive health insurance, 401(k) contributions, a profit- sharing program, and pension plans.
- Monthly wellness reimbursements: up to $100 towards gym memberships, diet plans, massages, etc.
- A Macbook Pro: to use around the office and at home.
- Free hosting service: Take advantage of some Linode service - we’ll pick up the tab.
- Linode Lunch: What goes better with technology than food? Nothing. We bring in a catered lunch every week.
- Competitive salary: It all begins with fair compensation. We believe in paying people well and rewarding those who go the extra mile.
Founded in 2003, Linode is a leading cloud hosting provider with 600,000 customers worldwide served out of eight global data centers. Linode invests heavily in its people and has set the bar for excellence in the cloud hosting industry. Our customer service, development, ops, hardware, marketing, and documentation teams are all part of making Linode the most simple, powerful and reliable hosting provider. This industry moves fast, but we’re committed to hiring the kind of people who can stay a step ahead and keep us - and themselves - at the top.