Managing a cloud hosting service for 400K customers requires creative solutioning and cutting edge technological innovation. As we continue to grow rapidly, we’re looking for passionate, highly skilled Systems Engineers to drive automation & operational excellence, and support product development for our customer fleet. This will require out of the box thinking combined with deep domain expertise on Linux, DevOps, and System Administration to be successful.
Linode’s customer base relies heavily on us to deliver a level of service that is unparalleled in the hosting industry, and that’s where our team of System Engineers comes in. You will be a natural problem solver. Someone who lives to put out fires before they start and continuously monitors all things Linode to make sure there is never a hiccup in the service that our customers come to love and expect.
Linode Systems Engineers are responsible for working on a number of critical internal and customer facing initiatives. This includes everything from the creation of distributed file systems like Ceph, Gluster, and Cinder to Salting all the infrastructure and ELKing all the logs.
You don’t have to have experience with all of these, but you should have experience with some of them and an interest to learn the others:
- Linux and Virtualization - Debian, KVM, and QEMU
- Orchestration - SaltStack, Puppet, Chef, Vagrant
- Shell Scripting - Bash
- Version Control - Git, GitHub
- Hardware - Servers, switches, and infrastructure management solutions
The must haves:
- 2-4+ years experience in a DevOps, Development, or SysAdmin role
- Love for Linux
- Strong opinions on technology and software design to bring to the table
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong programming skills including software engineering methodologies and best practices
- Comfort maintaining live production systems
- Ability to work in an agile organization
- Presence in the open-source world. Contributions to open source projects as well as your own portfolio to show off a huge plus
- Experience in a hosting environment or other cloud-based IAAS or SAAS
- Systems Architecture and Design
Work With Us
- Philadelphia office: We recently moved our HQ to one of the coolest tech buildings in Philly; join us on N3RD street! (https://www.linode.com/press/linode-buys-real-world-bank-for-phila-office)
- Flexible work hours: We have flexible start times and a very generous paid time off package.
- Unbelievable benefits: We provide comprehensive health insurance, 401(k) contributions, a profit- sharing program, and pension plans.
- Monthly wellness reimbursements: up to $100 towards gym memberships, diet plans, massages, etc.
- A Macbook Pro: to use around the office and at home.
- Free hosting service: Take advantage of some Linode service - we’ll pick up the tab.
- Linode Lunch: What goes better with technology than food? Nothing. We’ll bring in a catered lunch every week.
- Competitive salary: It all begins with fair compensation. We believe in paying people well and rewarding those who go the extra mile.
Founded in 2003, Linode is a leading cloud hosting provider with 400,000 customers worldwide served out of eight global datacenters. Linode invests heavily in its people and has set the bar for excellence in the cloud hosting industry. Our customer service, development, ops, hardware, marketing, and documentation teams are all part of making Linode the most simple, powerful and reliable hosting provider. This industry moves fast, but we’re committed to hiring the kind of people who can stay a step ahead and keep us - and themselves - at the top.