Linode is seeking a staff accountant to join our finance team in a unique opportunity to be a part of a high-growth tech company in Philadelphia. Your objective will be to provide support to Linode’s finance department by managing daily accounting tasks and contributing to the overall operation of the department.
You will be responsible for preparing financial statements and reporting, posting and processing journal entries, update accounts payable/receivable, and perform reconciliations. This is a growth level role that requires a baseline proficiency in accounting principals, with the expectation of a large exposure of varying tasks and competing priorities. You will focus on Linode’s complete procurement cycle along with a multitude of accounting activities including recording daily transactions, monthly bank and credit card reconciliations, accruals, accounts payable, and accounts receivable.
You will be quick to grasp new concepts, both within accounting and within the technology field. You will have exceptional organization, prioritization, and communications skills. Strong attention to detail and the ability to maintain and improve upon the daily operations within the Finance department and ability to adapt to change and work in a high growth environment is a must. In addition, you will thrive in a high-energy environment where you must solve problems and perform work that is routinely done with minimal direct supervision.
This position will report to Linode’s Accounting Manager. Position is 40 hours per week located in Haddonfield NJ, with a transition to Philadelphia in early 2017.
- Post and process journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded correctly
- Update accounts payable and perform reconciliations
- Perform monthly bank, AMEX, and long term debt reconciliations
- Update fixed asset purchases and depreciation monthly
- Create monthly invoices for customers
- Update financial data in databases to ensure that information will be accurate and immediately available when needed
- Prepare and submit weekly/monthly reports
- Assist accounting manager in the preparation of monthly/yearly closings
- Assist with other accounting projects
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related discipline preferred
- 1-3 years experience, preferably in public accounting
- Experience with common accounting software; Quickbooks preferred
- Proficiency in popular office/spreadsheet software (MS Office, iWork)
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Good with numbers and figures and an analytical acumen
- Good understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices
- Attention to detail, highly motivated and proactive
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and to set and meet deadlines
Work With Us
- Philadelphia office: we’ll be moving our HQ to one of the coolest tech buildings in Philly in Q1 2018; join us on N3RD street! (https://www.linode.com/press/linode-buys-real-world-bank-for-phila-office)
- Flexible work hours: We have flexible start times and a very generous paid time off package.
- Unbelievable benefits: We provide comprehensive health insurance, 401(k) contributions, a profit- sharing program, and pension plans.
- Monthly wellness reimbursements: up to $100 towards gym memberships, diet plans, massages, etc.
- A Macbook Pro: to use around the office and at home.
- Free hosting service: Take advantage of some Linode service - we’ll pick up the tab.
- Linode Lunch: What goes better with technology than food? Nothing. We’ll bring in a catered lunch every week.
- Competitive salary: It all begins with fair compensation. We believe in paying people well and rewarding those who go the extra mile.
Founded in 2003, Linode is a leading cloud hosting provider with 400,000 customers worldwide served out of eight global datacenters. Linode invests heavily in its people and has set the bar for excellence in the cloud hosting industry. Our customer service, development, ops, hardware, marketing, and documentation teams are all part of making Linode the most simple, powerful and reliable hosting provider. This industry moves fast, but we’re committed to hiring the kind of people who can stay a step ahead and keep us - and themselves - at the top.