Founded in 2003, Linode is a leading cloud hosting provider with over 400,000 customers worldwide served out of eight global datacenters. Linode invests heavily in its people and has set the bar for excellence in the cloud hosting industry. Our customer support, development, ops, hardware, marketing, and documentation teams are all part of making Linode the most simple, powerful and reliable hosting provider. This industry moves fast, but we’re committed to hiring the kind of people who can stay a step ahead and keep us - and themselves - at the top.
Linode is seeking a talented Director of Sales to drive the design, implementation, and measurement of global sales programs for Linode’s suite of cloud hosting products. Whether it’s defining target markets and sales goals, managing the resources necessary to achieve annual sales targets, or establishing new customer relationships, the Director of Sales will ensure these programs are well established and properly leveraged by Linode’s sales team in our targeted markets.
To be successful, the Director of Sales will become a trusted advisor to Linode’s leadership team, sales team, and our prospective customers. Sales director duties will include defining target markets and sales goals, managing the resources necessary to achieve annual sales targets, establishing new customer relationships, and understanding market and customer trends.
If you a senior sales leader with experience in the Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) space, a passion for consulting with customers and working collaboratively to create needs-based cloud computing solutions, then this position is for you.
- Design, drive, and measure Linode’s sales programs
- Define and develop key growth strategies, tactics, and action plans
- Develop and execute strategic plan to achieve sales targets and expand Linode’s customer base
- Partner with customers to understand their business needs and objectives
- Effectively communicate the value proposition through proposals and presentations
- Build and mentor an effective sales team and manage realistic quotas
- Practical knowledge of cloud hosting market through 10-12+ years of related sales experience
- Extensive experience with IaaS or SaaS sales.
- Demonstrated track record of consistently meeting assigned quotas in a technology sales role
- Experience successfully building and managing sales teams
- Ability to communicate, present and influence all levels of the organization, including executive and C-level
- Demonstrable experience as head of sales, developing client-focused, differentiated and achievable solutions
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close
- Strong communication and persuasion skills
- Proven ability to position products against competitors
- Strong conceptual knowledge of cloud based hosting solutions, open source technologies, and the software development process
- BA/BS in Business or related field, MBA preferred, or equivalent experience
Work With Us
- Competitive salary: It all begins with fair compensation. We believe in paying people well and rewarding those who go the extra mile.
- Flexible work hours: We have flexible start times and a generous paid time off package.
- Unbelievable benefits: We provide comprehensive health insurance, 401(k) contributions, a profit-sharing program, and pension plans.
- Monthly wellness reimbursements: We offer up to $100 towards gym memberships, diet plans, massages, and etc.
- A Macbook Pro: Easy to use around the office and at home.
- Free hosting service: Take advantage of some Linode service - we’ll pick up the tab.
- Linode Lunch: What goes better with technology than food? Nothing. We’ll bring in a catered lunch every week.