Founded in 2003, Linode is a leading cloud hosting provider with more than 400,000 customers worldwide served out of nine global datacenters. Linode invests heavily in its people and has set the bar for excellence in the cloud hosting industry. Our customer service, development, ops, hardware, marketing, and documentation teams are all part of making Linode the most simple, powerful and reliable hosting provider. This industry moves fast, but we’re committed to hiring the kind of people who can stay a step ahead and keep us - and themselves - at the top.
Linode is seeking a talented solutions consultant to field leads generated from marketing activities and prospecting efforts of their own to create opportunities and close new business. Whether it’s identifying opportunities to diversify (multi-cloud) an organization’s existing infrastructure, migrating customers from another provider, or transitioning them from an on-premise environment, our solutions consultants are at the very heart of driving top-line growth for our company.
Unlike most business development positions that require excessive traveling and high-stress cold calling, Linode offers a unique environment allowing technical professionals with conversational skills to focus on helping customers create a solution that meets the customer’s needs.
If you have a passion for consulting with customers and working collaboratively to create needs-based cloud computing solutions, then this position is for you.
This is a full-time position based out of our office in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
What You'll Be Doing
- Have a deep understanding of Linode’s feature set, product roadmap, and market to accurately address prospective customer needs and objectives
- Provide demonstrations of the Linode Manager and API
- Help define custom projects and plan migrations and upgrades
- Build and manage a pipeline by following up on leads, engaging with prospects, understanding their technical requirements, and working to successfully define their project
- Work with the Professional Services/onboarding team to ensure a smooth transition
- Collaborate with other teams to improve the customer's experience including our community advocates, account managers, customer support and engineering teams
- Work both collaboratively and independently within a team setting
- A degree in computer science, engineering, related majors, or related work experience
- Familiarity with Linux and common open source applications (Apache, Nginx, MySQL, MongoDB, Postfix, etc)
- Strong conceptual knowledge of one or more of the following languages: Python, Go, Ruby, Node.js
- Firsthand experience with cloud-based Infrastructure-as-a-Service offerings similar to Linode’s
- Understanding and knowledge of virtualization (Xen, KVM, and Containers)
- Familiarity with at least one configuration-management system (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, SaltStack)
What We’ll Expect From You
- 2-4 years as a successful sales executive, sales engineer, or technical consultant OR
- 2-4 years providing Linux system administration and support in a senior role
- Strong technical aptitude and ability to become deeply knowledgeable of Linode’s service offering and the infrastructure needs of the SMB market
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to explain technical concepts such as high availability in clear and concise terms
- Ability to understand and plainly assess a customer’s requirements/needs
- Deep passion for ensuring customers have a positive experience throughout the process
Working at Linode:
- Competitive salary: It all begins with fair compensation. We believe in paying people well and rewarding those who go the extra mile.
- Great work/life balance: We know time off is important, so we start you with a generous paid time off package!
- Excellent benefits: We provide comprehensive health insurance, 401(k) contributions, a profit- sharing program and pension plans!
- A monthly wellness reimbursements: up to $100 towards gym memberships, diet plans, massages, etc.
- A Macbook Pro: to use around the office and at home.
- Free hosting service: Take advantage of some Linode service - we'll pick up the tab!
- Linode Lunch: What goes better with technology than food? Nothing. We bring in a catered lunch every week.