Linode’s datacenter operations team is responsible for the planning, installation, repairs and upgrades, configuration, and maintenance of Linode’s hardware. Additional responsibilities include maintaining correspondence with datacenter technicians, keeping up with equipment availability levels based on demand, shipping and receiving, deploying new equipment, and retiring depreciated equipment as necessary. The datacenter operations team also plays a crucial role in hardware infrastructure management such as server rack planning, equipment tracking and documentation, software and firmware upgrades, forecasting, etc.
Linode is now seeking an enthusiastic Datacenter Operations Specialist. This person will have a genuine passion for all things hardware and will be well versed in a server environment. The ideal candidate will have NOC experience and will have both hands-on and remote experience maintaining a server environment. This individual will have working knowledge of Linux and computer networking experience.
Primary Job Functions
- Continuously monitor and maintain nine worldwide datacenters, networks, and servers
- Deploy and repair servers, storage systems, routers and switches, and other hardware
- Interact with datacenter NOCs via telephone, email, web portal, etc.
- Infrastructure planning in a globally-reaching datacenter environment
- Respond to demand by shipping and receiving of servers, networking equipment, remote power consoles, etc. to maintain availability and reliability of Linode’s network
- Ensure peak performance by installing and maintaining firmware and software
- BA/BS in computer science or equivalent field preferred
- Experience in a NOC environment with hands-on hardware experience a plus
- Knowledge of computer hardware and networking equipment
- Robust troubleshooting skills; preferably in a large-scale datacenter environment
- Linux system administration experience a plus
- Professional problem solving, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to travel to our worldwide datacenters; minimum mandatory travel time 15%
Work With Us
- Philadelphia office: we’ll be moving our HQ to one of the coolest tech buildings in Philly in Q1 2018; join us on N3RD street! (https://www.linode.com/press/linode-buys-real-world-bank-for-phila-office)
- Flexible work hours: We have flexible start times and a very generous paid time off package.
- Unbelievable benefits: We provide comprehensive health insurance, 401(k) contributions, a profit- sharing program, and pension plans.
- Monthly wellness reimbursements: up to $100 towards gym memberships, diet plans, massages, etc.
- A Macbook Pro: to use around the office and at home.
- Free hosting service: Take advantage of some Linode service - we’ll pick up the tab.
- Linode Lunch: What goes better with technology than food? Nothing. We’ll bring in a catered lunch every week.
- Competitive salary: It all begins with fair compensation. We believe in paying people well and rewarding those who go the extra mile.
Founded in 2003, Linode is a leading cloud hosting provider with 400,000 customers worldwide served out of eight global datacenters. Linode invests heavily in its people and has set the bar for excellence in the cloud hosting industry. Our customer service, development, ops, hardware, marketing, and documentation teams are all part of making Linode the most simple, powerful and reliable hosting provider. This industry moves fast, but we’re committed to hiring the kind of people who can stay a step ahead and keep us - and themselves - at the top.