Linode is looking for a Software Engineering Manager to help us build our public cloud!
Linode is looking for a Software Engineering Manager to help us build public facing APIs and open source single page apps used by customers like Dark Sky, The Onion and developers like you around the world. These systems are used to manage hundreds of thousands of Linodes running in our global datacenter network.
If that sounds exciting, then Linode may be the place for you.
Our work environment fosters innovative solutions, rapid development cycles and open communication. Because our core technologies are Linux-based, familiarity with Linux is a big plus.
We're a closely knit team with a focus on agile development and innovative solutions. We encourage and reward curiosity, ingenuity, and technical excellence. If you enjoy working on ambitious projects that have a big impact, you'll enjoy working at Linode!
You don’t have to have experience with all of these, but you should have experience with some of them and an interest to learn others
- Python, pip, virtualenv, pytest, Flask, SQLAlchemy
- Webpack, Babel, ESLint
- HTML5, CSS3, Sass, Bootstrap
- Perl, C, Bash
- Debian architecture and packaging, Linux Virtualization and Containers, QEMU
- Git, Jenkins, Docker, Salt, Nginx, uWSGI
- Lead, mentor, and continue to build a team of top software engineers in an agile environment
- Maintain a best-in-class engineering team supported by an internal environment based upon teamwork, innovation, and dedication to quality
- Work closely with the other engineering and product leadership departments to architect solid technical design and approach to software development in a large-scale environment
- Lead by example, care for your team, and establish credibility with the quality of your and your team’s technical execution
- Participate in product and project design and retrospective meetings
- Monitor the activities of the software engineering team to remove any roadblocks and ensure timely completion of all work tasks
- 2+ years of experience managing an engineering and/or development team responsible for customer-facing web applications
- 6 years of relevant technical work experience, web development experience highly preferred with progressively increasing responsibility
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field preferred
- Strong understanding of Linux, virtualization, and networking concepts
- Understanding and familiarity of the fundamentals of Linux scripting languages; Bash, Python, Perl, etc.
- Experience with version control; specifically Git and GitHub
- Excellent project management, interpersonal and organizational skills, with the ability to drive and implement ideas in an agile environment
- Experience with agile development methodologies (e.g. SCRUM)
- Willingness to assist with occasional on-call situations that may arise, requiring your leadership
Work With Us
- Philadelphia office: we’ll be moving our HQ to one of the coolest tech buildings in Philly in Q1 2018; join us on N3RD street! (https://www.linode.com/press/linode-buys-real-world-bank-for-phila-office)
- Flexible work hours: We have flexible start times and a very generous paid time off package.
- Unbelievable benefits: We provide comprehensive health insurance, 401(k) contributions, a profit- sharing program, and pension plans.
- Monthly wellness reimbursements: up to $100 towards gym memberships, diet plans, massages, etc.
- A Macbook Pro: to use around the office and at home.
- Free hosting service: Take advantage of some Linode service - we’ll pick up the tab.
- Linode Lunch: What goes better with technology than food? Nothing. We’ll bring in a catered lunch every week.
- Competitive salary: It all begins with fair compensation. We believe in paying people well and rewarding those who go the extra mile.
Founded in 2003, Linode is a leading cloud hosting provider with 400,000 customers worldwide served out of eight global datacenters. Linode invests heavily in its people and has set the bar for excellence in the cloud hosting industry. Our customer service, development, ops, hardware, marketing, and documentation teams are all part of making Linode the most simple, powerful and reliable hosting provider. This industry moves fast, but we’re committed to hiring the kind of people who can stay a step ahead and keep us - and themselves - at the top.